overclocking this bad boy

Associate
any idea where to start with this cpu

FX- 57 runs 200x14 stock
ive got G.Skill 1GB DDR FF PC4800 (2x512MB) Dual Channel Kit
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum nForce3 Ultra
was on core centre last night and turned it to 215mhz which it read 3gb, but it actually changing it or is it just showing what it could be, i then changed it in the bios and it wouldnt boot, ive read the newbie guide but was just wondering should i be looking at the core centre or doing everything through the bios

Associate
I would personally change settings in the Bios rather than use programs which do it on the fly. Though many people use these and have no problems, I (for some reason) like going into the Bios and fiddling with it all :)

Did you try raising the Vcore slightly?

I've heard that you can simply raise the muliplier on the FX chips instead of messing around with the FSB... you might want to try this.

Permabanned
hes got an fx, just up the multi.

dont bother with ram for now. just up that a little bit once you have found your max multi :).

fx's are whole diff ball game to normal A64's.

A lot easier :)

Tom

Associate
OP
new problem, when i press enter on the clock frequency to turn it down from 5x to 4x it locks up, wont let me change it and wont even bring up the options, any ideas what it could be, oh buy the way running pcmark05 last night temps peaked at 45 degrees, so the coolers doing its job

Back
Top Bottom