CS:S Pro Mod

Soldato
Don't know if anyone has heard of ProMod that has been in development for some time now. Basically its a modding team that want to bring all the gameplay of CS 1.6 to Counter Strike Source and get rid of all the bugs in one swoop. Looks pretty interesting if it ever comes off

CS Pro MOD

Caporegime
DaveyD said:
What's the point in doing all that to make it like CS 1.6... when you can go out and play CS 1.6?
GFX.. (sounds sad to say it.. but) CPL will include into tournaments, thus more will want to play pro-mod. Think what CPMA did for Q3..

Not to mention it will (allegedly) achieve what vALVE promised us.

And on a personal scale, it will make one hell of a line on your CV.

Man of Honour
Dj_Jestar said:
GFX.. (sounds sad to say it.. but) CPL will include into tournaments, thus more will want to play pro-mod. Think what CPMA did for Q3..

Not to mention it will (allegedly) achieve what vALVE promised us.

And on a personal scale, it will make one hell of a line on your CV.

True, but the issue I see is that they're basically reversing the design of the game back to 1.6, when 1.6 is the main game anyway... unless they hope to scrap 1.6 in the future, then there's not really a point in having two games with the same game dynamics and skill requirements. At least CS:S is different / random / wierd enough to class itself as a bit different.

In my opinion anyway.

Soldato
ive applied for the sound creation, foley, and sound design and audio editing part. its not currently on the list but ive put the idea forward.

lets see.

Man of Honour
vaultingSlinky said:
Erm after reading that im pretty sure im correct in saying he wants to do is strip CS: s down until it looks like 1.6...Why not just play 1.6, this seems pretty pointless imo. What so many people seem to forget is that CS 1.0 wasnt perfect, it took a while for it to be refined. The same will happen to Cs: s...

Ewww, CS retail :S It's never been finished, just Valve got their hands on it and put a price tag on beta 7 :p

Suspended
I never get this - CS1.6 was hideousness that killed many parts of CS, which was brought back to a certain degree in CSS. I cant remember now the exact version where it all went Pete Tong I think it was about 1.3.

Back
Top Bottom