a few problems....

Associate
problem 1
a few days back i noticed my system kept slowing to an almost complete stop, but never actually crashed ie i could move the mouse but all of my windows froze and i couldnt do anything, this seemed to last between 30 and 90 seconds each time, also today a couple of times it seems to shudder for about 10seconds, the mouse just jolts across the screen.
im not quite sure what or why this problem is occuring, i guess it could be my ram?

problem2
i left my pc on whilst working in the garage, when i got back i noticed that a torrent i was downloading had reverted back to "connecting" status, at the time i thought nothing of it and restarted the pc and all was well, an hour or so later i completely lost my connection to that pc, however my other pc has no problem connecting to the net (hence this post) also both pcs are connected to the net through a router and both can access each other over the lan, so thats fine its just the inet on that one pc. i havent changed any firewall or any other internet settings for a long time.
ran a spyware and virus scan which wielded no results.

mini problem3
a couple of weeks back i noticed when i was browsing some forums that there was a strange fuzzyness to the page, like some kind of interferance, not much of a problem really i hardly ever notice it, but it does concern me a little bit that i may lead to a big problem

pc specs are
athlon 64 3500
geforce 6800 256mb
1gb ocz ram

thanks a lot for any help regarding any of it

Matt

Associate
OP
bump :p
the slow down problem seems to have disappeared for the last couple of hours strangely but the net still isnt working, disabled the firewall on there to no avail i don't really know what else to do as i havent changed anything lately that would effect it

Man of Honour
think you might be better asking these bits seperately mate. Maybe post about the internet problem in the internet / networking form with a bit more detail about the problem. Take it from there. Please try to avoid cross posting, but just seperate these issues out a bit and you might get more response hopefully

Back
Top Bottom