2405FPW and Video Player

Soldato
Hi,
Tested my Video Player (yes i still have one :p lol) on my (sexeh) Dell 2405 via composite, but all i get is "No Signal". :(

Any idea why?
Ive tried it playing a Video, and with an Ariel. Both no luck.
Yet i can get my xbox and dvd player to work on it.

Just asking as i have a few videos i still like to watch and dont have them on DVD.

Cheers. :)

Chadd

Man of Honour
can you get the VCR to work through a TV using the composite outputs? maybe the video just doesnt like being outputted in that way?

Soldato
OP
Baddass said:
can you get the VCR to work through a TV using the composite outputs? maybe the video just doesnt like being outputted in that way?

Lol, i tested it in the TV and found the cable had been colour coded wrong! lol
All works now :)

Thanks for the advice Baddass, i guess i should have done that at first :p

Chadd

Soldato
OP
Im using a Scart to composite (with red and white sound aswel) I only use the video one (normally yellow) into the Dell.
For sound i would put the red and white from the scart into my amp, but the leads are too short, so i have another Red and White lead from my Video Player going to my Amp.

Not sure if yours with have Sound output put as an extra on your video player, so you may need to use the ones from the scart.

(then again, you may not be using scart atall) :)

Picture from videos is Crap sitting close (alright in PiP though), i guess thats having gotten used to DVDs etc, but also this is a high pixel monitor :)

sitting 2metres away is watchable :) saves having to have TV in the same room aswell. ;)

Chadd

Man of Honour
yeah remember the res is so massive on the 2405FPW that playing old technology like VCR's looks a bit poor, but sit a couple of metres away or use PiP and it looks a fair bit better

Back
Top Bottom