• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X1900 Temps Running 3D Mark 2006

Soldato
Hi,
Been playing with my X1900XT @ XTX Speeds and using the overdrive tab to monitor the temps I noticed between the scenes that the temps got upto nearly 90'c. Tried applying some AS5 but only managed to get the max temp down to 88'c. Possibly made no difference. The last scene on 3D mark really seems to drive the temps up.

What everyone else with X1900's getting ?

Running my rig with side panel open so there's plenty of cold air been drawn in. Usuing the default drivers that came with the card and only using the overdrive tab.

Last edited:
Associate
Way Funny. I have just been doing exactly the same. Came here to check my scores etc.

I was a little shocked to find the temp shot up to 88c. YIKES THATs HOT.

Anyway, I was tempted to OC my X1900XTX (Sapphire) but when I saw those temps, I am not so sure now!

Also, I noticed that my card shows " Current VPU @ 500mhz, Requested 648" and for the memory "Current 594mhz Requested 774".

I think I read somewhere that if its at 90c, maybe start getting concerned. Anyone else have the same concerns or temps?

Cheers,
-casw1000

Associate
Vogon said:
Temps are high, but not dangerously so .... ATi say they are fine to 105 !

Blimey If thats the case I would consider modding a small copper pan to fit on the heat sink , Just the job for those late night bacon and egg snacks during gaming :D

Associate
lego said:
Thats because the clocks lower in 2d mode

If that would be so then why is it the same clocks on mine when running 3d apps? its almost like the CCC doesnt force the overclock...

Mines a HIS X1900XT-X and i would have thought boasting clocks of 650/775(1550) would mean base line not overclocked...

Associate
Well i tried to manually overclock the card to 650/775 using ATi Tool and well i got to about 630 before my screen messed up so scrap that idea it seems either it cant handle over 600mhz in 2d or it never goes over 505mhz :(

Soldato
OP
VirusViper said:
If that would be so then why is it the same clocks on mine when running 3d apps? its almost like the CCC doesnt force the overclock...

Mines a HIS X1900XT-X and i would have thought boasting clocks of 650/775(1550) would mean base line not overclocked...

My overclocked results should be your default clocks. It would be interested to see your temps?

There is some talks of cherry picked cores on the XT-X that run cooler compared with the XT or allow lower running voltages for the same given speed. Also might determine if the bios does anything to effect the temps.

Soldato
OP
VirusViper said:
Well i tried to manually overclock the card to 650/775 using ATi Tool and well i got to about 630 before my screen messed up so scrap that idea it seems either it cant handle over 600mhz in 2d or it never goes over 505mhz :(

I think what its doing is attemping to achieve the clock and what it may do is throttle back if the temp goes too high. Certainly sugests that with the word requesting. Your default clock should start at 650.

Have you tried the find max overclocking test on the overdrive page?

Soldato
OP
casw1000 said:
Way Funny. I have just been doing exactly the same. Came here to check my scores etc.

I was a little shocked to find the temp shot up to 88c. YIKES THATs HOT.

Anyway, I was tempted to OC my X1900XTX (Sapphire) but when I saw those temps, I am not so sure now!

Also, I noticed that my card shows " Current VPU @ 500mhz, Requested 648" and for the memory "Current 594mhz Requested 774".

I think I read somewhere that if its at 90c, maybe start getting concerned. Anyone else have the same concerns or temps?

Cheers,
-casw1000

2D/3D clocks. So looks like your XT-X achieves the same temps as mine.

It's hard to determine what the ideal OC temps for these things are being so new. They are certainly hot running. Seeing temps of nearly 90'c is scary stuff and even more scary when you feel the heat being pushed out of the back. My GTX 512 never rose above 70'c underload running 3D Mark 2006. Interesting stuff. The GPU does work harder with certain games and it makes you wonder with a game that fully utilizes the XT1900 might the temps go even higher :eek:

Associate
hi this is happening to me on my ati x1900xt running 3dmark 06 ...88c ,90 .then i get a blue screen with text on it then pc restarts

******* me off ..only upgraded today with a new abit an8 sli ,4400+ ,x1900xt

No swearing - Read the FAQ.

Otacon

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Darren_uk said:
with no overclock
Using the supplied drivers ?

Like I have already said different games will push the GPU harder and it could be if there is a problem with overheating that this may be masked with the none intensive game. Have you tried running with the case open?

Back
Top Bottom