Blank blue screen crash

Associate
Just been playing RFonline beta and the comp crashed. Screen went completely blue and had to hard reboot. Temps were fine, in fact GPU temp was lower than it is playing other games. Is the blue screen symptomatic of something? Or is it possible it was the game that did it?

Cheers,
Zeph.

Associate
OP
The even log is as follows in case its any use, i dont understand it :p ...

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0xbfb81d1f, 0xa855da24, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP.

kbc

kbc

Associate
Zephyrus said:
The even log is as follows in case its any use, i dont understand it :p ...

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0xbfb81d1f, 0xa855da24, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP.

Have you checked the contents of the dump?

kbc

kbc

Associate
Zephyrus said:
Yes i tried, but i cant open a .dmp file

Zeph.

Check the following:

Control Panel >> Adminstrative Tools >> Event Viewer >> System

See if there's anything there which may hint the causing problem.

kbc

kbc

Associate
Zephyrus said:
Other than the one i posted previously there are none leading up to or prior to it that arent within the normal events.

Zeph.

Is what you pasted the full error message? ...with BSOD, it can be a variety of problems. Normally through a process of elimination I'm sure you're well aware. Here's a starter... run a few tests on your RAM using freeware tools and see if it's reporting problems. Swap in some spare alternative RAM sticks and see if the BSOD occurs. Does it always happen with this game you play online? or is it intermittent?

Associate
OP
Tonight was the first time playing this game as the preorder beta just went live and was the one and only time i've had this occur. And yep it was the full error message.
From what i can gather from googling the memory.dmp file is created after the OS or an application crashes. Apparently the size of this file depends on how much physical memory is being used at the time of the crash. The file is 0.99GB (can be deleted safely apparently) and my memory coincidently is 1GB. It's created by Dr Watson which for the life of me i cant remember where to find.
I'm leaning towards it being the Beta game thats caused it, but i've no real idea if it was. A tad worrying seeing the blue screen for the first time :p

Zeph.

Back
Top Bottom