• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Quad SLi - Who's gonna go for it?

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Go onto the OcUK website, motherboards, Intel and into the Gigabyte section. Make sure you press refresh and you will see a very nice Quad SLi socket 775 board there. Now's who is gonna be the first to have a play with that then. ;)

Me thinks of an Intel 955 Extreme Processor overclocked to 4GHz+ with 4 x Overclocked 512MB BFG 7800 GTX would be rather quick. ;)

Man of Honour
There insane!! that must generate loads of heat + draw loads of power :D

platform-intro.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Gibbo said:
Hi there

Me thinks of an Intel 955 Extreme Processor overclocked to 4GHz+ with 4 x Overclocked 512MB BFG 7800 GTX would be rather quick. ;)

How can you fit four daul slot cards in it....I thought the back of PC cases only support a max of 7 pci slots..

Last edited:
Associate
chaparral said:
How can you fit four daul slot cards in it....I thought the back of PC cases only had a max of 7 pci slots..

Thats an interesting question, as looking at the piccy posted above, the last card would only allow a single slot card, as a dual one would be wider than the motherboard/case allows... :confused:

Soldato
Gibbo said:
Hehe, that's a chunk of change! :)

4xsli8hz.jpg

I'm suprised overclockers.co.uk didn't sort out some financial packages by now, you know like a quick credit check and then like a 1, 2 ,3 year finance option ;)

Associate
Big.Wayne said:
Hehe, that's a chunk of change! :)

4xsli8hz.jpg

I'm suprised overclockers.co.uk didn't sort out some financial packages by now, you know like a quick credit check and then like a 1, 2 ,3 year finance option ;)
:eek:
thats a wee bit pricy me thinks. Still i wounder what scores it gets in 3d mark 2006

Associate
You forgot to add the nuclear reactor to the shopping cart to actually power the thing. I'm sure the people in your street will be happy not paying heating bills for the rest of their lives :)

Associate
That really is total overkill even for gaming.

I could see the need if it did well in something like 3D apps where live previews or complex wireframes need grunt, but then so the workstation class cards support SLi even?

the amount of heat and noise generated would be outragious. Still, I'd love to see one of these in action :D

Someone buy it and get 3D Mark running!!!

Soldato
I quote:

Motherboard Description said:
- Features four PCI-E X16 slots for ultimate gaming platform (Only 2 Card SLi currently supported)

Does that mean that you can't run four cards in SLI? Is it waiting on new drivers? Odd as you can buy a quad SLI pre-built system from a certain manufacturer

It's odd that it's an Intel board first - it'll be rather severly CPU limited no doubt

Back
Top Bottom