• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

G71 / 7900 GTX news?

Associate
I'm wondering what exactly these delays mean. In my eyes it could be one of two things. Either they're stocking up on cards prior to release so that we'll not have another 512mb GTX fiasco, or yeilds are not all that great and they're trying to produce enough cards for any sort of launch.

One would hope the former is the case; I'm looking forward to the results of these cards.

Associate
OP
Kesnel said:
I'm wondering what exactly these delays mean. In my eyes it could be one of two things. Either they're stocking up on cards prior to release so that we'll not have another 512mb GTX fiasco, or yeilds are not all that great and they're trying to produce enough cards for any sort of launch.

One would hope the former is the case; I'm looking forward to the results of these cards.

Yea i was wondering the same, it would be good if Nvidia were to lower the prices to compete with the ATI prices. It would surely damage ATI sales if they did that, would end up being better for Nvidia in the end

**crosses fingers** lol

Caporegime
Kesnel said:

What delays, I'm not aware of any delays. It has been scheduled for a mid-March release since the rumours first started. If anything the date has been brought forwards by a month. It was going to be a March-April kind of time.

Associate
OP
D.P. said:
What delays, I'm not aware of any delays. It has been scheduled for a mid-March release since the rumours first started. If anything the date has been brought forwards by a month. It was going to be a March-April kind of time.

I can't remember where i read it but i surely have the end of feb as a sure date for it. oh well no matter i can easily wait till march!

Caporegime
http://www.xpentor.com/
Nvidia G80 will make ATI stumble on April.Sources from anonymous mentioned that since the introduction of NV40 which was a very big leap over the defective NV30 with its spectacular features such as Shader Model 3.0 and SLI, in the next couple of months after G71 you will be promised to witness another new spectacular technology that will be brought by Nvidia to 3D Gaming community. It's been almost a year since Nvidia has not really altered much of its architecture just like what we see now in the G70, An increase in pipelines,the intro of MIMD and more vertex units. This is because Nvidia knows that ATI is currently having a hard time fixing and improving their bugged R5xx architecture so it isn't necessary for Nvidia to introduce an incredibly improved architecture. This is what you will see in G71, there will be 32pipes, increase in ROPs and a little speed bump over the coreclock, it is more like an absolute ultra pumped NV40based architecture. In the G80 however, Quad SLI it self can be implemented on a single card with two chips solution because it will carry the first dual core GPU ever with the support of DirectX10 and Shader Model 4.0. The development of G80 is also mentioned as being running very intensive since Nvidia's acquisition over ULi.

If even a hint of that is true ATI are going to be in a world of hurt!

Tasty rumours.

Caporegime
D.P. said:

Yeah as far as im aware to there is no delays, its always been March as i said earlier, don't know where everyones getting its been delayed from. :confused:

Soldato
I'm really hoping these rumours are true - maybe ATI will realise they are just no good at developing cutting edge 3D hardware and give up.

Then we can have nVidia rain supreme which will surely benefit us consumers ...

Soldato
D.P. said:
http://www.xpentor.com/
If even a hint of that is true ATI are going to be in a world of hurt!
Tasty rumours.
Not really.... Its going to cost twice as much. Whats the market like in terms of people splashing out $1000+ for a graphics card.
Again, you seem to be pretty focused on nvidia good rumours and slate any ati rumours that float about. Still look too much like shrek for my liking ;)

BubbySoup said:
I'm really hoping these rumours are true - maybe ATI will realise they are just no good at developing cutting edge 3D hardware and give up.
Then we can have nVidia rain supreme which will surely benefit us consumers ...
Name me a situation where one company has market monopoly and it benefits the consumer? Market monopoly means they can progress as slowly as they want, and charge as much as they can. You obviously havent though about what you have typed. Not that this wasnt clear in the first sentence, but the second one confirmed it.

Associate
Goksly said:
Name me a situation where one company has market monopoly and it benefits the consumer? Market monopoly means they can progress as slowly as they want, and charge as much as they can. You obviously havent though about what you have typed. Not that this wasnt clear in the first sentence, but the second one confirmed it.

I was unsure as to whether the comment was intended to be ironic or not, but I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.

As for the question of delays, I was under the impression that at one point we were expecting G71 in January, though I may be mistaken.

Soldato
Megh - you can never be sure on these forums :p
Also I thought the releases were always March / August.... but ATI released the 1900 in Jan so hmmmm.... probably just damage limitation.

Associate
Goksly said:
Megh - you can never be sure on these forums :p
Also I thought the releases were always March / August.... but ATI released the 1900 in Jan so hmmmm.... probably just damage limitation.

I know what you mean, I really didn't know whether to slate that comment or laugh. :p

The January date was flying around some time in December so it is likely it may just have been hearsay. Most hardware news sites have a terrible habit of "guessing" at release dates. ;)

Back
Top Bottom