Mondeos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The only thing the Mondeo suffers from is a poor image and fairly bland looks in non-RSAP form.

Nice attempt at starting a flame war though.....

Soldato
Baker, why do you think Mondeos are unreliable, offer poor performance, and have poor design.

They started designing them in 1984 I think. Loads of people from all over the world worked on the car. The plan was to make a global car which could sell anywhere. It worked too!

Soldato
Baker said:
Unreliable, poor performance, poor design.

Discuss.

I think this is an absurd statement to make, is that your opinion or are you just trying to play a thousand forum members off against each other and start a punch up? :p :confused:

My family has 2 new mondeos at the moment and we have owned 9 mondeos in the last 10 years, both used and new, and from every spec from aspen to ghia - x.

Although I dont drive, from a perspective of a passanger, they are great cars, very comfy over long distances, and nippy around town.

As for unreliable, in all those years we have never had a breakdown. Two of the cars had minor water leaks in the cabin and thats it. 10 years of mondeo ownership and thats been the only issue.

So I have to say I totally disagree with the original post.

Mic

Mic

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Sure, in the same way going to a forum where there are lot of pro Golf people and posting 'So, Golfs suck. Discuss' is 'merely a discussion topic'...
True, but this isnt a mondeo forum, albeit half the time it seems like it.
Its just like a speakers corner topic. It may or may not be his feelings towards the car. Its a statement that he wants us to discuss.

Man of Honour
I'm closing this thread until Baker emails me a better version of his first post, stating opinions, evidence, hearsay.... just about anything with more substance than 6 words.

Motors is not going to degenerate into a petty squabble-fest like many car forums on the 'net. Posts such as this one are empty and an obvious attempt at starting a flame war.

A good argumentative discussion is fine, just like is currently going on in the "159mph copper" thread, but stuff like this? No.

Of course, if he emails me then the thread can be re-opened - but I don't think he will, so for now thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom