Who caught your eye last year?

Sic

Sic

Soldato
we had one last year, so we're having one this year. the perpetual back-scratching thread. who's your bum-buddy this year? who stood out often enough for you to want to tell everybody how much you love them last year? it can be ANYONE...post count is irrelevant. so spill. :)

Man of Honour
There's been a few actually.

GordyR I thought was a big puff. He's actually a decent guy.
Sic I thought was a bit of a toilet. Well, nothing much has changed there, but I've a bit of respect for him now.
Mohinder I added to my MSN to abuse. He took it so well he's still on my MSN.
gord was voted funny by someone in a thread once. I'd never heard of him so added him to MSN. He's an alright guy, even if he is in Southampton.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
OP
Gilly said:
Sic I thought was a bit of a toilet. Well, nothing much has changed there, but I've a bit of respect for him now.

i've come to terms with it now. i'm always going to be a toilet, but i can try and command a bit of respect :o

Associate
Well I hate you all :D

Nah, most of you's seem alright.. Wouldn't like to choose a favourite (although penski's pics brightened a few early Saturday shifts)

One pint too many - Not possible.
you've had enough - Not possible
and you keep on drinking - Way forward TBH

Soldato
Gilly said:
GordyR I thought was a big puff. He's actually a decent guy.

LMAO now thats one hell of a compliment coming from you dude! :p

Actually my opinion of you has gone up dramatically recently also. I now consider you a top bloke. :)

As for everyone else, I wouldn't like to pick a favourite. Too many people have made an impression on me in the past year and all for completely different reasons.

Last edited:
Soldato
After the Essex meet I have noticed the posting of the guys (and gals!) who were there much more than I had previously, after meeting everyone you see where the posting styles come from and it's nice putting faces to posters like Desmo, Piggymon, Mr Huddy, Feek, Gilly and Otacon and all the rest! :)

And that Sic chap comes across as a genuinely nice chap :p

Soldato
I would say Fox was one, there is a person past the Mondeo and BMW loving!

Mohinder twas another, at first he was just a bike freak to me, and now i know more about him he is still....errr a bike freak. ;) Nah only joking, always a laugh to talk to and has a good alternative outlook on things to me.

Last but difinitely not least Tinkerbell, but that was for other reasons. ;)

I must add the crazy guy called Lashout_UK, doing things you shouldnt to old, lovely cars! :D Im still waiting for him to give me his Dolly.

Last edited:

Sic

Sic

Soldato
OP
well, enough of you have posted for me to offer mine now.

as it was only the end of my first year, i've gotten to know a lot of people better, so my list is quite lengthy :o

Mohinder - one of very few that i'd consider a true friend on the boards. great guy, always listens to my random crap, and pretends that i'm funny!
Big Chris - same as Mohinder, except he's meaner to people!!
Carzy - has probably heard every album on the planet, and is always willing to recommend a list longer than your arm for people who really want to get into music more (unless it's UK Hip Hop...n00b!!)
Brynn - he's just a legend. really funny, friendly guy
Karl - reasons already mentioned
sara - really nice girl, very friendly and chatty...bless her!
Borris - would probably hate to be mentioned in a thread like this, but if i see he's posted in a thread, i always find out what he's said. great sense of humour, and a very clever bloke imho
cleanbluesky - stupidly good in debate situations. love his ability to really rile people, and then totally pacify them after. it makes me chuckle because he's dont it to me before
dirtydog - for some reason, i feel compelled to read posts by this guy. for pretty much the same reasons as Borris.
Beansprout - ALWAYS has time to chat when he's around. can't count the amount of times he's helped me out with web design stuff.
dj_jestar - a version of Beansprout that i dont talk to on MSN...very knowledgeable
Gilly - never used to get on, because i thought he was a bit up himself...turns out he is, but it's very funny. and i'm a fan of dancing...even though i have 3 left feet
Otacon - never used to be a fan, but either him or me has changed and i enjoy his posts muchly now! :)

Man of Honour
Tough one to call really.. i guess everyone i've meet really.

I have a lot of respect for MB for arranging a fantasic weekend last year.

Auntie Von for wicked sense of humour, I'm jealous of Gilly because he's one of the anoying sort of people that can do everything :p, Big Stan, Feek, Otacon, Freefaller, Piggy, Muban, Desmo, DP and LL ( really nice couple - looking forawrd to liverpool).. the list goes on really. :)

Man of Honour
Gilly's the first person to ever coax me onto the dance floor. The less said about that, the better really. :p

Beansprout for being a nice guy, and plugging NASA WorldWind (almost) every time a Google Earth thread appears. :p

Also, muchos respect for all those who've survived the nightmare that meet organising can be. I've got first hand experience of this. It's not so bad once the meet happens, but there's the absolute terror and sleepless nights wondering what's been forgotten and what's going to go wrong. Fortunately, nothing serious has gone wrong with any meet I've been at to date, although there have been a few cases of injured pride. :eek: :D

Back
Top Bottom