PDC Dual Nic ping problem

Associate
Ok I have W2k PDC called myserver1 with two nics 192.168.10.1 and 2nd nic is 192.168.20.1. In DNS / interface/ Listen on I have removed the 2nd nic. So nslookup myserver1 I get Name: myserver1.test.com Address: 192.168.10.1 GOOD. The problem is if i ping myserver1 I get a reply from 2nd nic 20.1 :mad: So how do I change the server that the nic1 is the primary and will respond to all pings:confused: :confused:

I know you's have the answer come on give to me :D

Associate
OP
I'm not doing load balancing. Not running Wins. I tried the 'ipconfig /flushdns' that don’t work too. However I just tried doing a ping from a client I get a response from nic1 but if I do a ping on the server I get a response from nic2. So it’s a on the server ping issue?

Soldato
Goto Advanced menu of the Network Connection>Advanced Settings>Adapter and Bindings. If the settings doesn't work (by default, the faster NIC will be chooses as primary NIC) or if you want to override the settings, you can assign metric # manually by going to the Properties of the Network Connection>the Properties of the Network Connection>Advanced

Back
Top Bottom