yamaha or denon 5.1 ?

Associate
ive been looking at these 2 systems :

Denon DHT1356XP = Av Package Inc Avr1306 Rec And Sys-56ht speakers

Yamaha AV57PACK = Av Package Inc Rxv357 & Nsp110 speakers

has any one got one of these systems?
the yamaha is the cheaper of the 2 at £170 but not in stock, and the denon is £220 but in stock :)
is the denon worth paying a little extra for?

Soldato
I have the Denon, and im very very impressed with it.

The Yamaha is also a good amp but the speakers in that package are
not up to much imo, seem very cheap and "plasticy".

You should really try and see them in the flesh and maybe get a listen
to both of them. Im very impressed with the Stereo sound too, was a lot
better than i had expected!

Dont know how much help ive been but if you went for the Denon you wouldnt
be dissapointed, and im sure the Yamaha is just as good!

Andy

Associate
Yamaha over the Denon Amp but as Andy said the speakers in the kit are a bit tacky.

Best bet is go and listen to both packages, looks can be decieving altho from previous experiences speakers were never Yamahas strongpoint.

Associate
yer, same here mate

be better off getting the amp and a set of front speakers, then buy center and rears later, sound will be much better

I was gonna suggest that in the Attack of the Andys thread too, but they outnumber me :p

Associate
I've got that Yamaha AV pack your talking about but STILL havent got round to setting up :(

Hopefully will do this weekend when my TV arrives.

I'm not expecting earth shattering performance but as it's my first real entry to Home Cinema it will do fine for a starting point.

Will let you know my findings as soon as I can :)

Neil

Soldato
I got the Denon 1906 and the Kef 1005 surround speakers at xmas and i'm very impressed with the setup. Creativeaudio were doing a package with £100 worth of interconnects included for £520 so it was a pretty good deal. Maybe over your budget but from advice it was the lowest level I should go before regretting the quality of the purchase.

Soldato
Just ordered the Denon 1906 and Kef 1005 package. After reading lots of reviews this package is the best value for the money.
The denon 1906 retails at £299 and the kef 1005 speakers at £299, at £520 for both with £100 worth of inter connects thrown in you cant go wrong.

Soldato
spinna said:
were did you get the Denon 1906 and Kef 1005 package from , might be worth a look :p

creative-audio.co.uk

They are based in Shrewsbury and KEF dont allow retailers to ship their speakers so its collection only.

Luckily Shrewsbury isnt too far away from Stoke so im going there on Tuesday to pick mine up (IVe put a deposit down as they only had 3 sets left!).

Soldato
I would recommend Denon all the way myself and KEF are brilliant at speakers, yes it will be more expensive, but bleive me it will be worth it by a long way.

Associate
i got the same denon and kef package and am very impressed so far, my only gripe being trying to get hold of either stands or wall brackets for the kef's is impossible atm. The earliest i have been told i'll get them is the end of the month bearing in mind i've been looking for over 6 weeks

Soldato
$anch3z said:
i got the same denon and kef package and am very impressed so far, my only gripe being trying to get hold of either stands or wall brackets for the kef's is impossible atm. The earliest i have been told i'll get them is the end of the month bearing in mind i've been looking for over 6 weeks

Im looking for the wall brackets also, keep me posted if you locate any.

Associate
I'm looking at buying both the Denon Amp and the Kef speakers (either the 1005's or the 2005's). People with them do you use them instead of you TV/LCD/Plasma speakers. I ask as I really want be able to take the speakers off my Plasma and use these instead but am not sure if they will be up to it

Also does the Denon have an adjustable equilizer or juts pre-sets?

Thanks

Caporegime
I'd take the £100 of interconnects mentioned in that package with a large dose of salt. It's still a good deal, just I think too much emphasis is put on the interconnect value.

If I had £600 and wanted a kit though, that's what I'd be getting.

Soldato
Yeah I use em instead of the TV speakers. I mean why else would you buy em lol.

As to the value of the interconnects. Well I found them to be pretty good quality. Sure there nothing fancy but they are not el cheapo nasty ones either. There's quite a good length of mid quality speaker cable, gold plated banana plugs, several decent quality stereo interconnects. A couple of good looking coaxials and a few other bits and bobs.

Back
Top Bottom