BT Broadband stole my money!

Permabanned
I was with BT Broadband for a year before subsequently changing to Eclipse.

Anyhow a few months went by when I was landed with my quarterly bill which included 3 months of BT broadband usage whom I am not with. I had telephoned them before asking to cancel service and stating I wanted a mac code so I could transfer to another ISP. Which they subsequently gave me the pleading story of "Sir we can give you..." and so on. I got my mac code and decided for me and my locality Eclipse would be a cheaper and better substitute.

With the kind invoicing of me for a service I do not use I decided to give BT a ring they were kind enough to apologise and would refund me and this would show on my next bill. A week down the line no letter as stipulated mentioning a return and no crediting my account, still the debit was appearing as £108 (line rental and 3 months of BT broadband).

So I rung again gave details explained the situation woman said a letter would be in the post to me so on and so on (same reply as before).

Its now Wednesday that was Friday night, still no letter. Money taken out my account for £108. Have been told the money will be credited into my account and it will show in my next bill. No letter, no money they basically stollen my money. Since Jan 18th I have been chasing this and not sure what to do next.

I intend to ring them up again tonight and speak to a Supervisor. I would have expected a letter to have been sent that saturday or at least monday since it is them who are incompetant.

Any suggestions on the above scenario on what to do?

Soldato
BT's billing department is a joke at times. I'd suggest calling them back and not accepting being told that a letter will be sent - insist that you want to talk to someone who can action your request and arrange the refund.

Caporegime
Yeah if its getting paid by DirectDebit, contact your bank as said, and tell them to refuse them when they try to take payments. :)

Speaking to a Supervisor is a good idea, should be able to sort it instead of those inept ones on the phones. :)

Good Luck.

Permabanned
OP
This is a joke, I can't cancel via DD as broadband and rental is included.

I rang the bank to contest a DD. To contest the DD has to be the whole transaction that has been taken illeagally. Since I use line rental then that is not.

Anyhow I rang the company I ceased broadband use in Nov, the bills from then AND from now till March have been taken. So I have not just had to pay from then till now but also from now till april so in all BT owe me £98.

I just come off the phone to yet another bt customer la de da person. He has got it sorted and has confirmed a credit is showing for April. I will have to wait till April for it to show how ******** crap is that.

Associate
Spacky said:
has confirmed a credit is showing for April.
Normal practice I'm afriad...it's so they can get the interest of having your money for 3 months.

As for the letter, according to general business practices companies have 28 days to send written conformation of any conversation. Although most do it a lot faster than that. You have actually only given them 3 business days, friday can't nessesarily count this, but depends what time you phoned, so monday-wed = 3 days.

If you want clarification of what's happening, simply phone BT and ask if there is a credit on your account without telling them why there should be...then all they have to go on it what is on your account :)

Back
Top Bottom