Play games, win money

Associate
I just discovered this site, prizefight.co.uk

At the moment it's for CS:Source and Battlefield 2, with plans for other games too.

Basically it's like online poker, you pay money into a pot to get onto a server, the house takes a small cut, and then the person with most frags wins (in a Winner takes all), or 1st, 2nd and 3rd place get 50%, 30% and 20% respectively.

At the moment it's not too popular so the winnings aren't a lot, and you generally have to come 1st to make a profit, but the more people who join the better it will be! Tell your friends!

Just to say I have NOTHING to do with the company themselves, I'm just a gamer who thinks this could be a really cool thing. :)

Soldato
sounds pretty cool :)

was fun to win money on fps games back in the early days before gaming companies stopped it due to cheats etc :(.

used to win up to £20 every 2 weeks just from playing duke nukem 3d hehe :D

Man of Honour
Nice idea, almost.

Problem with the choice of games, CS:S and BF2 are team games. You need to be playing UT / Q4 etc and be free for all really to earn money, as frags are nothing in at the end of the day in CS. You'll also probably get unfair play and teamwounding knowing how people can be.

Plus, it's CS, you'll get cheaters and configers ruining it very quickly. Though they're using an anti-cheat setup, there are always ways around this, that's the problem with online gaming, it's never a level playing field unless you're all on the same config / system / connection / room.

But, saying that, if it's monitored correctly and fairly, with proper experienced admins that know their buttocks from their elbow, then it could succeed.

Last edited:
Associate
are people really gonna flock to this (and more importantly stay with it and keep paying) when they can play elsewhere for free?

ok, they could win money here, but to win they have to be the best. well, the best are always, pretty much by definition, a small minority.

so for the vast majority, it'll always be a money loser.

now compare it to traditional gambling, the average punter may know the odds are agaisnt him, but he'll play for the dream win.

but in this scheme, it's not some random chance of winning that's on offer, you've gotta have skillz to win. and anyone who's not that good, or even only half decent, they're gonna get spanked as soon as they enter the arena.

where's the incentive to keep paying gonna come from when the top players just keep blowing everyone else away?

Last edited:
Soldato
perhaps some people have a greater egotistical view of their gaming abilities rather than their abilities at standard gambling, they "know" how to play CSS say but not poker for example

Associate
I don't see how this would work in BF2. To come first you either have to be in an attack chopper, be a medic or be an assault dude with your noob tube at the ready and fight it out in the alleyways. What about people standing behind spawn points shooting people as they spawn? There's not much fairness in BF2..

Associate
Signed up and play tomorrow, just hope this goes better than my poker experiences :)

my mate actually had this idea last year and tried to get things rolling but it was all a bit complicated to get set up and willl take a lot of effort and monitering.

i better get practicing for my first pro CS match <-- never thought i would say that.

Timbo

Associate
well just had my first game on there and i came absolute dead last :) needs to be improved slightly i think the server is a bit jerky and maybe look at the another scoring system instead of ownage.

but hey its novel playing CS for money.... never though i would be doing that back in beta 6.whatever.....

Timbo

Back
Top Bottom