• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X1900 XT/XTX Overclocks. Is the XTX worth the difference?

Soldato
Hi,
Would be nice to find out if its worth paying the difference for a XTX over a XT. Are the XTX's clocking better than the standard XT's?

Read a few posts which suggest that the XTX cores are cherry picked and do have more headroom for overclocking.

Whats you stable Max Core and Memory Clocks?

Caporegime
Well if i was to go for the x1900, then id just go for the XT, will clock to XTX easily, but may not clock as good as the XTX, but surely that would'nt matter, as your still getting an XTX for an XT price regardless, so your still saving money. :)

Associate
That would be very nice, but I wonder how many of them do that.
The XTs can be had for around the 365 mark where as the XT-Xs are nearly £50 more, and that's with OcUKs deal of the week. I'm tempted to get a new card soon, but I'd probably go for the XT unless those of you with the XT-Xs can persuade me other wise with your overclocks.

Come on tell us what you've got :)

Soldato
Stock cooler Not mine. Look around, XTX's are doing well.

7k.JPG

Or here stock cooler again.

133672pv.gif

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
OK decided to reserate my sapphire 1900XT. Just using the cats and running the automated test I maxed out at 690/800.

X2 4400 @ 2.64

3DMark 06 Score 5777 3DMarks

SM 2.0 Score 2306 Marks
SM 3.0 Score 2507 Marks
CPU Score 1885 Marks

-----------------

Fear @ 1920x1200

Min 46
Average 79
Max 149

Back
Top Bottom