No England Cricket on Telly

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Only enraged warriors in here please.
WTF is going on when an English man cannot watch his country play cricket on terrestrial telly.
You now need a Sky sub to get it. :mad: This has ****** me off so much.
I only got into the cricket recently and proper enjoyed the Ashes. Who the hell is running the TV channells. What idiot decided not to bid higher.
Anyone got any contact details.
I may put my Keyboard Warrior skills to good use and Attack them all for this.
I hate this.
In my world every man should be able to watch his own Nationality in any sport for free on Standard telly.

Whose with me.

Man of Honour
I am and I aren't:)
I don't mind paying to watch cricket if that's what it takes, but of course it would be better if I didn't have to.
Sky & C4 have done an absolutely fantastic job raising cricket's profile in this country & both deserve the rights but only one of them was going to get them & it's unlucky that Sky have more financial clout.
It made me laugh when the issue was brought up in Parliament, no-one, repeat no-one gave a monkees when cricket wasn't as fashionable so it was sold to the highest bidder, end of. Now more people want to watch it, it's become a matter of parliamentary debate, bandwagonning MPs;)

Soldato
Well heres the thing.

Not one terrestrial channel bid for the rights to show cricket.

Blame terrestrial TV not sky.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
I did say what idiot didn't bid higher i didn't know that idiot didn't even bother to bid.
I don't blame Sky at all.
I beleive it should be Law that national sports are shown free to all.
Worst thing about this is that if the fathers/bill payers dont like cricket then the kids won't get to see it.
How is that going to bring on our youth.

Soldato
Not enough people like cricket.
Sky probably have bought it because you can cram a lot of advertising into a test, and are banking on that to make money.

Soldato
As said above, the recent ashes victory means cricket going off terrestrial has happened at the worst possible time. Just when cricket has become very popular and young people have got interested in it again, it goes onto sky, reducing the viewing audience and taking it away from a large proportion of the population. Many of those who have gained an interest in the sport will now lose interest because it will only be available to those with a spare £40 a month.

It sucks for me too, i really don't think i'll be able to get hold of sky this summer meaning I will be stuck listening to TMS, which great as it is doesn't hold up to the real thing...

Back
Top Bottom