Hitting a woman

Suspended
back in the day women were women and were physically weaker.. these days a lot of them wear trackies and hit as hard as the lads!

Soldato
self defence,
was once attacked by a woman with a hocky stick (during Games one day at school, she'ed already broken my nose), didn't hesitate to defend myself, but I'd never attack anyone.

Associate
OP
sam83uk said:
back in the day women were women and were physically weaker.. these days a lot of them wear trackies and hit as hard as the lads!

have women got physically stronger recently? I dont think they have but there is a portion of the female society that are now acting and thinking like "lads". They can be as physically intimidating as any man.

Soldato
R5Rich said:
most will say never but if one is going completely off at u and u fear ya life in danger well who knows.

My life was in danger,, in fact she was pointing a knife at me, I just walked away, even though my heart was racing and I wanted to lash out, I resisted the temptation and just walked away.

If a woman was to actually hit me, I'd walk away, no way would I hit her one back, especailly seeing as the police almost always side woth the woman, men's feelings never seem to count.

Soldato
Associate
This stupid question annoys the heck out of me... It's acceptable to hit women under *EXACTLY* the same circumstances as it's acceptable to hit men. That is to say never, unless you or someone else is in immediate risk of serious harm or death.

This question implies that there are times when it's ok to hit men... that works fine using cavemen as the example but this is a society people.

If you are physically in danger and need to defend yourself then you are fully entitled to use whatever force you need to disarm or incapacitate the attacker... be it man, woman or child. Excessive force is not acceptable, but that's a tough line to draw.

What I'm saying is that you should only ever hit someone if the situation calls for it... the gender of your attacker should not even be the slightest bit relevant. It's never more acceptable to hit a man than a woman given the same situation.

Last edited:
Soldato
In all but extreme circumstances it's not "ok" to hit a woman. That's how I feel about it anyway. Even if I was attacked randomly in the street by a woman I'd not retaliate. If there is a need to I'd restrain a girl, I'm big enough and strong enough to be able to move in and restrain her without coming to blows. Would take something seriously major for me to strike a woman, I can't say for certain that I wouldn't hit a lady, as when the red mist decends you can go crazy, but in 99% of cases I wouldn't.

Soldato
A girl pulled a blade on me once "because I looked at her funny".

I used the minimum force required to knock her over and drop it. Then I threw it over a wall into some bushes.

Looking back on it, i'd have changed nothing. I'll defend myself against anyone, no matter who they are.

Man of Honour
I'd have to be really pushed, aggressed and fearing for my life to even contemplate doing it. I would probably do it, but it wouldn't be instinctive. Even then I might just do enough to get "free" or to incapacitate the person without too much injury. Call me old fashioned, gallant, or just plain stupid (don't though ;)) but I just have this in built thing of not wanting to hurt a woman.

When all is said and done, no one really knows until faced with that situation or in duress, so it's very easy to say "hell yeah, I'd punch her lights out" or "hell no I'm not thug" without really knowing what your instincts will do.

I think I can safely say that most of us would do it to save ourselves, but would not think of it as a good thing, and purely as a "last port of call". I would hope this is the case at any rate... In my book hitting a woman will never be justifiable unless it really is life or death. Similarly with any person really, though I'm more protective of women than I am of men, except for my friends...

Back
Top Bottom