Are there actually any good games out this year?

Soldato
Splinter Cell 4: Double Agent
Command & Conquer: The First Decade
FarCry Add-on
Prey
The Godfather
Resident Evil 4
Swat 4: Stetchkov Syndicate Expansion Pack Expansion Pack
Lord Of The Rings: The Battle For Middle Earth II
Hellgate: London
TOCA Race Driver 3
Advent Rising

:)

Soldato
Zephyrus said:
Wasn't STALKER binned?

Zeph.
just rumors, nothing confirmed

personally i'm looking forward to
TES IV: Oblivion
Command & Conquer: The First Decade
Far Cry Expansion/Add On Pack
Prey
The Godfather
SWAT 4: The Stetchkov Syndicate
TOCA Race Driver 3
STALKER
Half Life 2: AM (mentioned though)
and of course, right at the top should be UT2007 (but you already mentioned that :p)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
2006 should be better than 2005.

You can see quite a few games people are looking forward to this year here: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17516324

From another thread..... (c) Bakes0310
think 2006 will be an amazing year for pc gaming look at these beauties:
Oblivion elder scrolls
hl2 aftermath
sin episodes
wow burning crusade
spore
ut2007
alan wake
hellgate london
prey
stalker
supreme commander
empire at war
rise and fall
rise of legends
warhammer mark of choas
bioshock
splinter cell 4
quake wars

I mean surely Oblivion, Spore, Supreme Commander, Prey, Stalker, Godfather must stir up interest in some people.

We've only had one month of the year so far - don't panic! Chances are a sleeper hit will suprise people like Far Cry in 2004 and Fahrenheit in 2005 anyway.

Associate
Just because some are sequels in a series, doesn't mean they aren't going to be tasty ;)

Can you honestly look at Oblivion and tell me it's not going to blow yer socks off?

Plus Spore, Alan Wake and STALKER aren't sequels.

Anyways, Id rather have decent sequels than pish originals.

Soldato
It also looks to be a good year if you're into the "4x" genre of space strategy games

Galactic Civilizations II
Sword of the Stars
Space Empires V

There's also another one that I can't for the life of me remember at the moment!

Also additional RPG's to add to the above list are

Gothic III
Spellforce 2
The Witcher (I think that's this year)

Scott

Soldato
Wait and see maybe? Not every good game is known about months in advance. :)

afraser2k said:
How about new games that aren't sequels or expansions? ;)

Doesn't appear to be that many. :(
Argh, why does someone always say that in every "Games to look forward to" thread! :p

Of course sequels get more attention than original games. People have played and liked the originals of those games, and thus already have a reason to be interested in that series. If you had a choice between Half-Life 3 and Random Generic FPS 1, which are you likely to be more interested in? HL3 of course, assuming you liked HL2. It's no co-incidence that the sequels that are anticipated are the sequels to good games either.

There will be plenty of new, original titles this year, just like there were last year, and every year before that. But don't expect to know what they are before they come out, becuase it'll be nothing more than a guessing game.

Soldato
I never said the sequels wouldn't be any good. Although in the same point I could say the sequel could be a very poor cash-in to an already successful game.

I'm looking for new games that mean "new", rather than based on a previous franchise to see if there are any new ideas coming through, especially in the FPS/RTS genres, before anyone thinks I'm just trying to troll the thread. ;)

Soldato
That's my point though. I didn't say the sequels would neccesarily be good, just that they get the hype because their predecessors were well-recieved. New games get no hype because there's very little to hype about them, since being new means being unknown. :)

Soldato
Sadly your right in this day in age some people think sequels means a good game, I mean, just look at Tomb Raider and how disappointed people were with some of it's sequels.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Well i have to say that there isn't anything that i am looking forward to which is very dissappointing. I may have to start going out the house soon, Shocking.
I was looking forward to Stalker but gave up on that last year even before recent news. There really is nothing thats caught my imagination.
I was looking forward to TOCA3 also but not after playing that demo. It had to be the worst demo i have ever played so unless members of my race team buy it and tell me its amazing i wont even look at it.
So all there really is for little old me is GTR2 but then i can hardly say i am looking forward to overcoming the endless Buggs and glitches that the game will no doubt be riddled with.
I've gone back to Dreamworld when it comes to my gaming just like when i was a kid. I dream of recapturing that childlike obsessional state that a new game/toy gives you.
Bf2 fortunetly fills me when it comes to FPS and my involvement with my team GTL and my new interest with Rfactor will keep me busy for quite some time.
There is a void though and thats only going to be filled by a New game not yet released. Usually i already know what that is this year i don't yet.

Back
Top Bottom