• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best 7800gt

Associate
Whats the best 7800gt to get. BFG, Leadtek or the XFX. Ive heard there have been problems with the XFX so might not be the best to get?

And is it worth getting say an Leadtek 7800gt Extreme compared to the normal one, for £50 extra. Can't you just clock the normal one?

Cheers

kbc

kbc

Associate
Phoenix211 said:
And is it worth getting say an Leadtek 7800gt Extreme compared to the normal one, for £50 extra. Can't you just clock the normal one?

Cheers

Yes you can just get the standard 7800GT, as they're all pretty much the same with a new fan sticker. They all have good overclocking potential. My card has a fan issue, it's loud... though I'm forced to get used to it.

kbc

kbc

Associate
ethan said:
just done a google on the delta you were referring to. Wondering if you could achieve better or similar results from one of these: Thermalright V-1 Ultra VGA Heatsink :eek:

Ah... I think I've seen a review for that, it comes with a decent size sink but a fan which doesn't really push much air. It'll probably keep it quieter than your usual 7800GT stock fan and allow you to overclock an extra 5-10MHz, but don't quote me on that. I've seen reviews that you can even append your own fan onto one of these coolers. Though much assumption is that the AC are better overall and perhaps the Zalman VGA coolers.

Back
Top Bottom