Help with my OC ? :)

Associate
Hi guys,

Ive recently been tinkering about learning how to overclock my newly built system, I'm running an Athlon 64 3200+ (venice), 2gb DDR400 ram, Asus A8N-SLi mobo, 2x 6000gt's, etc etc.

Anyway ive taken the plunge after a few hours of reading up and had the first attempt at overclocking my cpu.

Now if i could show you guys the results and what i've done, id really appriciate any help and advise you could give :)

Here goes..

HTT increased from 200-235 (in small steps)
Multiplier remains x10
HTT multiplier decreased from 5x to 4x
So if im right that gives me 235x4=940 (which is just below 1000 still, so thats ok ???)

Ive also dropped the Ram Freqency from DDR400 - DDR333 to allow for more of a cpu speed increase.

here are a couple of screenies to show you what i get and if its right or sumthings drasctically out !

overclock1.jpg

You'll see i havnt as yet messed with the cpu voltages.

overclock2.jpg

Here is what the Ram is doing, its back upto about 196mhz so is that close enough to 200 again ?

Also what about my Ram timings ?

Thanks for your time
Si :)

Associate
OP
Hi :)

Yes the system woulnt boot at 245, and at 240 it failed prime95

The ram is just bog standard Crucial stuff, not sure how i tell, its nothing special tho.

Associate
OP
ill lower the HTT divider from 4x to 3x ? (i think thats what you mean), also how do you mean chipset voltage defcon, ram voltage (ddr voltage) as it calls it in my bios ?

thanks

Associate
OP
thats one i dont seem to have for some reason!

Heres what i see:

CPU Frequency
PCI Clock Speed
DDR Voltage
CPU Multiplier
CPU Voltage

also i can adjust the HTT multiplier etc in another menu

no northbridge options atall :(

Associate
OP
I think ive cracked it anyway, I' ve now set the DDR voltage from Auto (Presumably 2.5v) to 2.65v

So now with the CPU @ 1.5v, the Ram @ 2.65v and HTT @ 240mhz it 'seems' stable, ive ran Prime95 sofar without hiccup, but ill give it a long term test later to be sure.

How do those settings sound guys, ok ?

Thanks
Si

Associate
OP
I may try and squeeze a little more out of it yes, maybe increase the HTT upto 250 if it will take it.

What should i do about my ram Timings tho, atm their 2.5,3,3,7 should i loosen them up a little do you think ? maybe 3,4,4,8 ?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom