Going to look at this car - honest opinions please .

Associate
Hey guys

Am going to look at this car over the w/end . Quick summary, 1998 Porsche Boxster, 2.5 Tiptronic, 68k miles, Met Black, 18" carrera alloys,full clear light upgrade, leather interior,electric seats,Lux pack, climate control,cruise control,boxster sill guards,wind defector,on board computer,FPSH,Tracker .

Have chatted to owner, HPI clear, 4 x good tyres, mint hood and exterior/interior. Sounds like genuine guy. Wants £15k

Here is a pic :

porsche.jpg

Honest opinions please - as I dont know a huge amount about porkers :)

R

Mehul

Associate
Parkers say about £13600 for a good private model with 70k on the clock. I assume you are aware of all the running costs involved? Group 17 insurance and Porsche main dealer servicing ia not going to be cheap.

In fact you can get a main dealer one for £15k and thats with a warranty.

Man of Honour
Group 17 insurance isn't expensive, especially for somebody old enough to buy a Porsche. Even I can insure up to Group 18 and I'm 12.

Associate
OP
Hey pdw8

Thanks for the post. Can you point me in the direction of any dealers who have boxsters for £15k, as I cant find any.

Whereabouts are you in Kent ? I used to live in Kent . . . . .miss the place soooooooooooo much ! :(

Associate
MehulLakhani said:
Hey pdw8

Thanks for the post. Can you point me in the direction of any dealers who have boxsters for £15k, as I cant find any.

Whereabouts are you in Kent ? I used to live in Kent . . . . .miss the place soooooooooooo much ! :(

Ah sorry, I was just quoting Parkers who say Franchised dealer should be £14580 not an actual real car :rolleyes:

I live near Sittingbourne.

Soldato
very nice, are they genuine porsche wheels tho?

also, if that is the terracota leather option, its worth a fortune.

are you sure you wont end up bored to death with a 2.5 tip? nothing worse than buying a car that youre not 100% happy with and wanting to shift it asap. trust me, i did it 3 weeks ago

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Fox, because of where you live your insurance position is quite unique. For example - insuring your car - 99 Ghia X hatch on me - a 32 year old, living in moderately quiet suburban area of Kent, driving for 14 years would cost minimum of £901.87 with excess of £150 for TPF&T. That minimum quote is inclusive of 5 years no claims bonus. For 0 NCB - Norwich Union quoted £1,445.00 with an excess of £520 FPF&T(!!!). I wouldn't even dream of insurance group 17.

Last edited:
Soldato
tbh (just from looking at that pic) the paint seems almost too good, id bet £2 on it having being resprayed in the past

Soldato
v0n said:
Fox, because of where you live your insurance position is quite unique. For example - insuring your car - 99 Ghia X hatch on me - a 32 year old, living in moderately quiet suburban area of Kent, driving for 14 years would cost minimum of £901.87 with excess of £150 for TPF&T. That minimum quote is inclusive of 5 years no claims bonus. For 0 NCB - Norwich Union quoted £1,445.00 with an excess of £520 FPF&T(!!!). I wouldn't even dream of insurance group 17.

I dont get why it would cost you so much to insure a mondeo?

Thats a seriously nice looking boxster. If it checks out ok and its what you want, do it :)

Back
Top Bottom