Zalman VF700cu controllable?

Associate
Just installed the cooler in title on my graphics card, what i'm wondering is if the power lead from it can be connected to the card in the same way as the stock cooler was so that i can control the speeds via Ati Tray. All i can find are instructions to connect to power supply for normal and silent mode which would be fine but i want to tinker :p

Cheers,
Zeph.

[Edit - on normal mode does it run at it's max speed? if so makes me think its not worth trying to use Ati Tray to change speeds as its very quiet at the moment on normal mode compared to the stock one at 50%. Temps seem about the same under load and about 4C lower at idle.]

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Should never have bought the damn cooler. Got a nexus 120mm fan for the front of the case and an arctic 64 cpu cooler at the same time. All getting these things have done is make me need to replace the rear case fan as it's now the noisiest :(

where does it end? :D

Zeph.

Associate
I just have it running on normal mode. didnt bother using the fanmate either, wires are too messy. plugged the 3pin into one of the motherboard headers. cools fantastically, dont know what volts it wil be running at but I would think 12v via the motherboard fan header.

Soldato
I've got it running at 5v on my X1800 XL, i've got no problems with the fan speed and the fact that it's not so much adjustable. If i feel like giving my card a bashing, then i'll simply plug the card into one of the 12v plugs :)

Back
Top Bottom