a few photos.

Associate
i've been bored this week so i experimented a bit with macro tubes and a flashgun on a few lenses.

these were all taken with the 50mm and extension tubes to get a nice close crop.

Soldato
Not bad there :) I'm particularly shy of doing candid shots, which is why I don't have any! Your first candid shot is my favourite because the background is well blurred. The distracting background on your second one probably couldn't have been helped!

Out of your lens shots, I like the second one. It seems the most interesting to me :)

Nix

Nix

Soldato
I really like the first one, feels like there is some purpose, the focus is clearly on the man and the expression is worth a few words too. The second one reminds me of a rainy day in town and the scarcity of people.

Associate
OP
Gamefreak501 said:
Not bad there :) I'm particularly shy of doing candid shots, which is why I don't have any!

just sit yourself down on a bench or wall in town and snap away. use a standard zoom lens, something like a 28-85, i find it attracts less attention. another good idea is to set your camera on a tripod and snap people as they walk past, that way people assume you're a bit more proffesional and taking shots of buildings or something.

Soldato
TRiP said:
just sit yourself down on a bench or wall in town and snap away. use a standard zoom lens, something like a 28-85, i find it attracts less attention. another good idea is to set your camera on a tripod and snap people as they walk past, that way people assume you're a bit more proffesional and taking shots of buildings or something.

Cool, nice pointers there, cheers!

I'm planning to get a 70-300mm this month for my Canon camera and use that to be more devious, and perhaps use my 28-80mm to attract less attention.

As for tripods...I'll need to get one at some point to replace my broken one :(

Associate
The other thing to consider is a waist finder; that way you won't be putting the camera to your eye and it'll be a lot less obvious what you are doing (and you can really shoot from the hip then).

Back
Top Bottom