Athlon 4000+ Overclocking Help"

Associate
I am currently running my system as follows:

G.Skill 1GB DDR LE Running at DDR470 on a 2.5-3-3-6 setting...i can get this ram running stable at DDR600 i've memtest86+ it for a good few hours with no errors.

Now when it come to bring my CPU into the overclock I cant get past 235"FSB" X a Multi of 12 giving me a 2.82Ghz overclock over standard.
I run the Vcore at 1.525 and my DDR Volatge at 2.71...

Anytime i go higher even on a lower Multi but a higher FSB it still fails prime95 more or less straight away... The motherboard i have don't go any higher than a Vcore of 1.550 and to be honest it's not like me system is gettin hot, it's running 37C on full load/stress. The motherboard i have is the DFI Expert, and i'm running a good watercooling system...so using higher voltage isn't a big deal, although the only deal i get is that a increase in voltage doesn't even help a tad.

I thought his actual CPU should be hitting around 3Ghz which is what i want!

Any ideas i'm getting to the point putting threw my lovely monitor lol :mad:

Many thanks

Associate
OP
Using a divider??? Is the a need be when the memory it'self can handle speeds of DDR600.

I might be confussed, so you're saying if i divided by a ratio of 01/01 that would half my memory speed allowing me to clock my FSB higher??

I don't get it, this memory can run DDR620+ if i was to get this with a divider in place my FSB/HTT whichever one it is would have to be like 600.

I don't know i must be lossing it somewhere down the line!

Associate
i think hes after getting more mem bandwidth then clocking the chip further

whats if like with loser timings? - have you tried changing the mem slots and is dual channel enabled or not? (i know its a long shot)

gskill le is good stuff and should be good for a lot more than your getting - what volatge is going throught it?

Permabanned
id say so, at that voltage anyway. If you are on water you are good to go up to 1.65v really. Ive mentioned how with your board in a previous post ^^
On my 4000 i can only get 3gig on phase :( 3.2 boots but goes nowhere in prime95.

Associate
OP
My LDT is already on 1.3Volts and my chipset I don’t really want to put up. It gets rather hot you see…only running the CPU water, the rest is on air.

I put the CPU Vcore to 1.65 like you guys said and knocked the multiplier down to X10 and put the FSB to 290 just to put it up a notch to 2.9Ghz, I only ran prime for about two hours then had to go out, but no errors as of that time. I’ll try for longer tonight. The memory is running at DDR580 with no problems…didn’t test it in memtest86+ though, didn’t feel the need, since I’ve had these settings running before, only difference is the 1.65Vcore.

Cheers guys, I’ll keep you posted

Associate
OP
Upadate here!!! Ive downed my FSB to 264 and put the multiplier up to 11 since for some reason when i restarted the system on the old settings above, it BSOD on me...it's stable now...thank god. But i want 3Ghz. The Vcore is now at 1.65/7 and the DDR is at 2.77...i also pushed up the LDT Voltage a tad to .130 an that did help funnily enough.

I've tried to use a FSB of 300 and a multiplier of 10 to get my 3Ghz but it's not stable...even put the voltage up to 1.74 with no helping effect what so ever.

It isn't the memory which is the problem, it ran at DDR600 for 8 hours on test 5 in memtest86+ and then i stoped the tests myself...

SO any idea's guys...just want that touch more from the system.

Thanks

Associate
OP
Under Load...I'm getting no higher than 38-40C which is good... i Think! I think i'm happy with 2.9Ghz anyhow now....been playing Battlefield 2 all weekend and the system fly's with no errors or problems so i'm all happy :D

All the same thanks anyhow for the help guys.

Back
Top Bottom