Tool - And so begins the new album...

Soldato
According to Toolband.com the new album is finished. Also, the first tour date has been annoucned - Tool will be headlining the Coachella festival in April...

Not long now.

Soldato
Haven't seen them yet myself (missed out on the Lateralus tour).

Rumours abound they're playing Rock Am Ring, Roskilde and Leeds/Reading. I don't want to see them at a shoddy festival though so I'm hoping for a few standalone dates.

Associate
This may sound bizarre, but do any of you quiver at the thought of a new Tool album?

I know it's coming, it's inevitable and it's something I have to accept but ever since APC emerged i've been dubious about Maynard's intentions - APC seems to revolve around political hypotheses, they just don't have the same edge that Tool has.

Regardless, on the day of release I will be freezing my backside off outside HMV, and as long as they use the same mathematical concepts as before; highlighting the downfall of western society and exposing the uninformed to the conscious vulnerability of the undertow, I will be one happy customer!

Soldato
NetherV said:
This may sound bizarre, but do any of you quiver at the thought of a new Tool album?

I know it's coming, it's inevitable and it's something I have to accept but ever since APC emerged i've been dubious about Maynard's intentions - APC seems to revolve around political hypotheses, they just don't have the same edge that Tool has.

Regardless, on the day of release I will be freezing my backside off outside HMV, and as long as they use the same mathematical concepts as before; highlighting the downfall of western society and exposing the uninformed to the conscious vulnerability of the undertow, I will be one happy customer!

They don't have the same edge as Tool, because they aren't Tool. I have every faith that once Maynard got back with the Tool lot, it all started again :D

I read about this on net a few days ago, Sigur Ros are at Coachella aswell, Americans get the best festivals :(

(If you don't believe me, google the lineup for Coachella, and SXSW (which has 1100 bands))

Soldato
Disconnect and seulf-disturct, one bbuuuullleeeet at a time! If you chooose t opuuuuul the triiiiger!

APCCCCCCCCCCC

Sic

Sic

Soldato
i'm more of a

Metaphor for a missing moment, pull me into your perfect circle. One womb one shame one resolve... typ'a guy :D

(lyrics might be wrong, but that's what i hear)

Soldato
Is anyone else a bit nervous that it won't live up to expectations? I know there's virtually no chance of that, I mean it's Tool :) But still having waited 5 years for this album it's a fairly big thing.

"Push the envelope, watch it bend."

Soldato
I don't know what to make of having to wait such a long time for a new album, I know there was a 5 year gap between Aenima and Lateralus and thankfully it turned out to be superb, but i'm not confident the new album will be as good, and get the feeling it may well be a let down. I hope i'm wrong, but that's just the feeling I get. Might be because I've tried to get into APC but it just I just can't. I'll listen to a couple of songs and just think sod this and put Tool back on.

I never get caught up in new album hysteria and am not one of those people who will will say it's great just because it's new, when they secretly think it's not a patch on a previous album. Undertow, Aenima and Lateralus all, in places, send a shiver down my spine when listening to them. I'm hoping the new one will do the same.

Back
Top Bottom