DFI NF4: four power connections?

Soldato
I am building a new system with a DFI NF4 mobo but was wondering if all the power connections are needed.

There is the 24-pin ATX connector, 4-pin 12V square one, a molex connector just above the chipset and a 4-pin floppy connector between the CPU and GPU

I can understand the 24-pin and square 4-pin one but are the molex and floppy connectors really needed?
And why are they on the mobo?

Soldato
They aren't needed but they help with stability (supposedly).

I've just run it from day one with everything plugged in.

I guess it also depends how much you plan on overclocking.

Not sure if there's been a direct comparison done - have a look over @ DFI Street.

Soldato
OP
I didn't even notice the floppy styled one between the CPU and GPU and didn't even see it in the manual but I guess I will plug in a connector as I plan to overclock a lot (as soon as I have a CPU and RAM)

But that means more cable management/tucking away :(

Soldato
Dutch Guy said:
But that means more cable management/tucking away :(

Bah, this forum gets wimpier every day!

;)

"Must have things looking nice"

Bunch of girls - let the wires, water, multimeters, heatsinks, waterblocks, ice etc etc just hang out - it's all about performance!

:D :D :D

/goes off to XS

Associate
Performance is about more than speed, darling. It's not the size of your overclock that matters, it's what you do with it. ;)

OcUK is like the gay XS. Overclocking with style. :cool:

Associate
Jimbo Mahoney said:
Bunch of girls - let the wires, water, multimeters, heatsinks, waterblocks, ice etc etc just hang out - it's all about performance!

Amen to that! The silver Lian Li panels my Mach II GT came with don't even match my black case :o, don't even start on the cable management and the fact that my side panel won't even fit on because of the suction line. :p

twiceborn said:
OcUK is like the gay XS. Overclocking with style.

Classic quote! :D

Back
Top Bottom