Gaming Sound Card, To Suite Medusa 5.1's

Soldato
Hello.

Could someone please help me out with a new graphics card, The audiomax 7.1 that comes with the Fatal1ty AN8 SLi is rubbish compared to the onboard sound on my old Asrock 939 Dual Sata.

The Two cards i like the look of are...

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music - Retail (SC-034-CL)

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS Edition - Retail (SC-032-CL)

The Fatal1ty one seems way overpriced, and i don't want the front panel with it either TBH,

Can someone please tell me how much better the sound quality is between the two, Thanks.

Soldato
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 7.1 EAX Sound Card - OEM

£35 inc VAT

I really wouldn't spend more tbh.

If you want better sound quality, output digitally and get a decent AV amp to do the DAC and power parts, then some decent speakers.

Soldato
OP
Jimbo Mahoney said:
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 7.1 EAX Sound Card - OEM

£35 inc VAT

I really wouldn't spend more tbh.

If you want better sound quality, output digitally and get a decent AV amp to do the DAC and power parts, then some decent speakers.

Im going to drive down and buy one of these tomorow morning, hopefully it wont be as busy as saturday

Soldato
OP
Ive only just remembered , i think i need to return my Medusa's they are a few months old, when im playing counter strike source, and there is a heavy gun battle the sound is very crackly..

and the wire on the left ear, moves freely in and out of the ear cup slightly, when you move this you can see the copper wires inside the ear cup, moving about :eek:

I think they are borked,

Can i take these back with the invoice and Warranty them over the counter ?

Soldato
OP
Ive ordered the Sound Blaster Audigy 4 7.1 sound card, seems cheap, but as long as it sounds good i dont mind :)

I suppose i can always take it back if i dont like it, i cant be bothered to drive off to ocuk, so im getting it send Via City Link Letter Pack :D

Associate
I have the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Plantinum for $76USD. I thought that was a good deal and the sound card is great. All of my games sound better and don't really see a big difference in getting the XiFi.

Back
Top Bottom