C&C Uber Mega Special Super Ultra Edition

Associate
This is a little out of date, having been released at the end of last year but I recently purchased 2nd hand C&C Generals + Zero Hour (very very good btw) and this prompted me to head over to www.westwood.com (no not "the big dog"s website!) where I discovered this:

http://www.ea.com/official/cc/firstdecade/us/

In one DVD box set every C&C game ever!

* Command & Conquer Gold
* Command & Conquer Covert Operations (EP)
* Command & Conquer Red Alert
* Command & Conquer Red Alert Aftermath (EP)
* Command & Conquer Red Alert Counterstrike (EP)
* Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun
* Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun Firestorm (EP)
* Command & Conquer Renegade
* Command & Conquer Red Alert 2
* Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge (EP)
* Command & Conquer Generals
* Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour (EP)

I'm REALLY tempted to relive the nostalgia, especially as I've lost C&C + Covert Ops, Red Alert and Renegade (although that was crap!)

Soldato
ShuFFz said:
After generals the older ones seems so poor.
I'll give you Tib sun, but Generals can't hold a candle to the others, in terms of game play. Yuri's revenge is still one of the best strategy experiences I've ever had.

Associate
OP
It's released 17th Feb 2006...so only 2 weeks left!!! what a find huh?

The only problem for me is that I've just brought C&C Generals + ZH :'( I think though I don't care...a box set with 12 games in, at least 1/2 of which are classics...for only £17.99 really can't argue with that!?!?

Suspended
I for one have already got them seperately apart from renegade.

C&C and RA are unplayable now, big blocky graphics and controls you just cant get to grips with. Just buy RA2 with Yuris Revenge and it will keep you happy for months!

Get MooMans mod for RA2, very good.

Also, I replayed Tib Sun about a year ago now and its not really that bad, nowhere as good as RA2 but still enjoyable in its own right!

EDIT: Shydave, im pretty certain that its still against the rules to post links to competitors and that that particular company falls into that category!

Associate
cookie64 said:
so you cant post links to other online shops even if this site does not sell that iteam too?

not that one as they sell pc kit too.
basically i understand it as this, as long as the other place doesnt sell anything ocuk do then they arent a competitor. i think im right in saying that somewhere like game is fine as all the do is console stuff and games etc, OCUK dont do these items.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
ive got them all seperately apart from Generals, which was a just such a poor game :(

For the best C&C i would have to go with the 1st one just something about it i like :)

Suspended
At the time yes, but now, no!

I tried replaying the originals about a year ago and it was horrible!

Blocky graphics, unable to group men. It will ruin the memories if you play them now :)

Shydave, i would edit that post and remove link :D

Suspended
Redalert 1 is THE best strategy game of all time. The joy I got when I first played my mate over modem and we had an all out soviet war. little did he know i sent tanya round past his telsa defences and took out his entire base! ha ha ha

Associate
OP
I've gotta say that C&C Original over IPX network was just amazing. I remember playing 2v2 myself and mate as NOD (as always) Were geting a bit owned by other 2 mates who were both GDI, they'd taken out most of out Obalisks of Light and most of our tanks...or so they though. Just as they entered our base full force, I declokes my 60 strong stealth tanks to defend our base, whilst other NOD mate declokes his 60 odd stealth tanks in their base...wish I'd got a picture of the look on their faces!!

XPE

XPE

Soldato
i still get a lot of fun when playing the originals, might be all the fmv's that add to the story and all, there is just a great sense of fun you get from playing the originals, that when you go on to play Generals to me it just feels so shallow and un C&C like. To me Generals feels like a game they have just though that by sticking C&C on the start they would be able to sell more titles :(

Back
Top Bottom