Corsair 4000PT No dual channel

Associate
Hi all, I've just upgraded to an optron 165 and Dfi Nf3 Ultra D from a P4 Northwood and have had no ends of problems. Although I bought a new chip & board I thought I'd just use the ram I've already got Corsair Twinx 4000Pt.
after finally getting windoze on with one stick, I thought I'd run memtest.
Well the results were a lot of errors in test 5 & 8, if i test 1 stick at a time they both pass but put them in dual channel then they report errors.
My Timings are 3-4-4-8 @2.8 as rated, sytem is at stock speed.
now I bought theses dimms well before NF3 Boards were out so Im just wondering if there is a compatibility issue with these boards and dimms.
If there is Just no way Im going to get these working together please suggest some alternative Dimms that are compatible, either PC4000 or PC4400.
Oh and by the way what is the difference between 1T and 2T, Im a bit new to overclocking AMD systems :D

Associate
OP
Yeh I've tryed all slots but put both in and i get errors its doing my head in. I'm looking at G.Skill 2GB DDR HZ PC4000 do you know what their like the website says they recommend DFI. Didn't want to spend any money but looks like I'll have to :mad:

Back
Top Bottom