• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RMA 6800 le but returned a 6600gt!

Caporegime
^

Wilderbeast said:
Slim to none.

Yeah im afraid, if the 6800le is not around anymore, then they have to give you a card of equal/or better spec, i don't think they let you choose a one though. :(

If the 6600 GT is of similar performance, then they have done their part.

Soldato
I wouldnt accept it - because 90% of the time the 6800le would murder a 6600gt if it unlocks and it will overclock.

Associate
Vegeta said:
I wouldnt accept it - because 90% of the time the 6800le would murder a 6600gt if it unlocks and it will overclock.

At stock they are pretty much the same though, and short of getting another LE the 6600gt is the closest performing card available on AGP.

AFAIK its about features and performance but the 6600gt has the exact same features as the LE at stock.

Sell the GT and get a 6800NU ;)

Soldato
Just ask for your money back if you can and get a 6800nu from somewhere else if they're still about - I've got one they're quality.

Caporegime
Noble-Kebab said:
yes but thats overclockin , the fact is that at stock they are similar so thats what they look at

Yep, and unlocking it, they can't send you a 6800le instead of a 6600 GT if they are both similar, but the le would murder the GT if unlocked, and overclocked, they would have sent the GT as they have no le's left, and im sure you can't choose the card, they have to give you one of similar or better, they have the 6600 GTS, which are similar so they have done their part, and sent you one. :)

I can't see them letting you go thropugh the cards so you can pick one that will overclock/unlock, as you would have no warranty on it if it went **** up. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, if your lucky you might be able to convince them to give you money back to the price of the 6600GT. Considering the price of the 6600gt, the 6800nu would be a good buy (or replacement :)

LoadsaMoney said:
Yep, and unlocking it, they can't send you a 6800le instead of a 6600 GT if they are both similar, but the le would murder the GT if unlocked, and overclocked, they would have sent the GT as they have no le's left, and im sure you can't choose the card, as if you could they would get ppl saying "oh ill have a x1900 XTX, as that is better spec". :D

Depends. when my 9800 pro borked up i was offered a x700pro but i convinced ocuk to give me a 6600gt if they couldn't find a 9800 pro. However, they did find one ;)

Caporegime
Fx-Overlord said:
Yeah, if your lucky you might be able to convince them to give you money back to the price of the 6600GT. Considering the price of the 6600gt, the 6800nu would be a good buy (or replacement :)

Depends. when my 9800 pro borked up i was offered a x700pro but i convinced ocuk to give me a 6600gt if they couldn't find a 9800 pro. However, they did find one ;)

Hmm, but its not OcUK. :)

Ahh well, nothing to lose by trying it i suppose, id be amazed if they did let you choose the card though. :)

Associate
surely if they replace his card it should be better not worse as that was the point of getting the 6800. i think that you should call them up and see what they say , mabye some threatening words will persuade them :)

Soldato
I don't see anything wrong, there will be next to no performance difference at stock, and considering you RMA'd the product, I assume that's what you were doing before ;)

Soldato
it is of equal value as far as Nvidia is concerned Robert. The le's were never designed to be modded and werent advertised as such. Now since they are no longer available, the Op was sent the nearest card in performance.

If he wanted somethign of equal value, quite honestly he would have got something slower.

Associate
I would have thought that you would have the choice of replacement or refund.

If they can't replace, surely they can't insist on forcing you to accept something you didn't order?

Back
Top Bottom