Aghhhhhhhhh Please help go insane Windows MCE 2005

Soldato
I have had my Media Edition PC I built back in 2004 based on MCE 2005. Recently, my Media Box (infrared contol UBS thing) keeps loosing its connection so the remote control is not working, and the red light is not coming on.

If I look under my computer then manage, I can see the ehome Infrared, but the connection randomly goes with it still showing as connected, so I have to either reboot, or unplug it from the USB and back in, and all is well.

I thought this was something to do with the Rollup 2 via MCE update, but I uninstalled last night, and my USB modem, which is the only change I have recently made, but it still is doing it.

I rebuilt the PC from scratch the other day, thinking it was some problem with my installation needing refreshing. I have looked on MS website, and their is an update for the remote control, after installing the rollup 2, but this also does not cure it.

Can anyone help, this is so annoying and cannot work out what maybe doing it?

Cheers

Soldato
It could be that the USB modem is drawing tomuch power off the USE 5v line and is causing the connection on the IR to drop.

Try using a powered USB hub or not having the USB modem attached.

Soldato
OP
BigBoy said:
It could be that the USB modem is drawing tomuch power off the USE 5v line and is causing the connection on the IR to drop.

Try using a powered USB hub or not having the USB modem attached.

Its connected directly off the mobo. I have unplugged everything and just left the IR connected. I have found out that programming the remote to control fuctions for the volume can cause it to trip out/remove batteries for 1/2 hour.

Thank you for your help

Back
Top Bottom