site so nearly finished it hurts...

Soldato
he site is so near completion but the last two issues (which i have had since the beginning) are burning me up :mad:

http://www.odysseydesigns.com/testingstage

first up: this faux-columns style problem: if you look at the pages whose content do not reach the bottom of the page

i have looked into the faux columns thing but that solution is not relevant to my problem, faux columns are for when you have two columns with different backgrounds that extend to different lengths down the page, my background image is already an all-in-one i just need to be able to put a table style height="100%" somewhere to stretch the background to a MINIMUM size, that being the height of the visible screen - i cannot work this out :(

secondly: the bit at the top around the initial flash anim. displays differntly in IE, in IE the orange bar is higher than it should be (there is meant to be 1px space between the flash anim and the orange bar - perfect in firefox) and its also 1 pixel off to the right :confused:

it also varies slightly in IE on all the other pages where there is no animation, its just a static gif... here it is different yet again but not quite as bad...

so there we go, if anyone can help it would be very very very much appreciated.

Si.

Last edited:
Associate
For problem number one, add this to your #maincontent (or #primary see which works) and see if it works:

Code:
min-height: 400px;
height: 400px !important;
height: auto;

Change 400px to whatever you want to be the minimum height.

:)

Soldato
OP
i need the height to be liquid tho dont i? that method would only cater for one resolution :(

is there no variant of % that i can use? i need the footer of the main content section pushed to a minimum of the bottom of the page, further is obviously fine too if the content goes over...

Associate
% doesnt work for height sadly. Cant you just set the minimum height as the height of the content in ths sidebar, as that doesnt change on any page, so that would be the minimum height.

As you've got that background image as the background of the div rather than the body, I cant see a way round it. Unless you tweak the design abit and round off the bottom with another image as a background of another div.

Soldato
OP
ok so if i tweak it and do those lines at the bottom using another div which wouldnt be too hard... how do i do it then?

dont really mind a bit of a workaround just hate the look of it like it is :(

Soldato
OP
ive managed to do the column thing by putting the repteated background image in the body tag, but as a result i have lost the stripy line effect that always sat at the bottom of the page :( - the body tag seems to be the only place that recognises where the screen ends...

CSS is nice sometimes, but others i wish i'd stuck to tables :eek:

Back
Top Bottom