pproblem raid 0 ing 150 raptors

Associate
im having problems raiding my 2 150gb raptors i have the set at 16k strip config and they do join and make one drive but when i get to install windows the drive is no there im having a nightmare over this tryed loads of other configs but no good any ideas what iv missed ??

Man of Honour
This is probably a stupid question but have you tried installing the Raid drivers when it asks you to in the Windows setup? SATA is handled better in Nforce4 based motherboards but as far as I am aware you still need to install Raid drivers.

Associate
Ok mate im going thro this problem as we *** with a friend who had the same issue.

Ill report back once ive solved it. also ive install raid many many times and havent had this blooming issuse. :mad:

Associate
I had hell getting mine going too. Setup crashed just before you got to the drive setup bit when I used a USB keyboard and mouse (no idea why!) and also wouldn't work properly with the drivers when I loaded them from a USB floppy. Again, don't know why.

Things I would probably try both using the RAID drivers that came on the manufacturers floppy and also try getting newer ones direct from NVidia. Also check you are on the latest BIOS for the motherboard and go back and load default settings in the BIOS. Even if you don't install windows like that, just test it to see if it picks up the array.

Back
Top Bottom