Boot Error

Soldato
Got some new components on tuesday
Asrock 939 dual motherboard
1GB PC3200 Corsair Value ram
Athlon X2 3800+

I had my cpu clocked at 2.5ghz, and this morning I tried to oc it to 2.6ghz. My pc would keep freezing at the bios screen. I thought nothing of it and went out, got back and now the pc won't boot.
I'm getting an error after post saying
'please select proper boot device or insert boot media into selected boot device and press a key to continue'

When I press a key it will try to read from the floppy drive and come up with the same message. I have tried the cd drive as the first boot device to reinstall windows but it does the same.

I have also tried resetting the bios but it's still the same. :(

Anyone know what the problem is and if there is a way to fix it?

Thanks

Soldato
OP
Sorry not sure what slaving a hard drive means :confused:
I'm not good at setting up hard drives and cd drives (never read instrutions on them), I usually just change the jumpers in them until it works. :p

Soldato
OP
Both the hard drive and dvd drive are being found in the bios.
I will try the drive in another pc and see what happens.

Soldato
OP
Tried the HD in another pc and it worked fine. I then went to put it back and unplugged both the dvd and floppy drive and the pc worked fine. Found out that my floppy drive was causing the problem. Strange how it broke soon as I bought some new parts. I've had the floppy drive about 7 years.

Thanks for the help.

Soldato
OP
my pc was working fine, then it froze and now it's doing it again. I tried the HD in my other pc again and it isn't working at all. Looks like my floppy drive was fine and my HD is dead.

Very annoying, had a lot of coursework on it. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom