Proof that Golf's have excellent residuals.

Man of Honour
You'd have to be barking mad to buy that car - either get one that hasn't spent its entire life sat doing sod all for 3 times less cash in mint condition, or get a Mk4 1.8T for the same money.

Nothing about it makes it worth anything near the money they asking for - plenty of mint Mk2's around that have had real care taken over them that are in just as good condition for half the money.

Soldato
I can understand someone paying that, obviously you will never understand that but that's why we're all different :)

There's a girl in work who drives a 36year old camper van, it always breaks and she spends a fortune on it. She takes a bleeding hot water bottle with her in the morning because the heating's so ****! :p Why does she do it? because she loves it, it's her baby :)

Soldato
id love that car, could never justify the money tho.

the mk2s have character all of their own and that car is extremely tidy

Associate
OP
[TW]Fox said:
You'd have to be barking mad to buy that car - either get one that hasn't spent its entire life sat doing sod all for 3 times less cash in mint condition, or get a Mk4 1.8T for the same money.

Nothing about it makes it worth anything near the money they asking for - plenty of mint Mk2's around that have had real care taken over them that are in just as good condition for half the money.

You don't get it do you? :D

Man of Honour
Barry Smalley said:
You don't get it do you? :D

Nope, I don't. I don't see what this car offers thats worth £5000 more than a mint condition, dub enthusiast owned Mk2 GTi that's actually been driven.

Associate
my golf is 15 years old with 152kms on the clock and it cost me 3.5k but it does have a supercharger. theres a big market for mint mk1 and mk2 golfs at the moment.

fox has a good point though, my uncle has a tornado red mk2 like that one in mint condition with 70,000 miles and its worth 2.5k so 7k is a bit steep

Permabanned
Overpriced, but all I can say is WOW! That does look like it should be in a showroom! I remember a family run VW dealer near me who bought (and kept) and 1962 21 Window VW Camper (aka Samba). It was STILL in the showroom up until about 2 years ago having NEVER been driven. It finally sold for a staggering £32,000.

Thats some residual value if ever I saw it!

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Nope, I don't. I don't see what this car offers thats worth £5000 more than a mint condition, dub enthusiast owned Mk2 GTi that's actually been driven.

at least the ebay one has been driven enough to keep it alive, and i think youll struggle to get one more mint without being an OTT concourse jobbie.

its a cult mate, it'll never make sense if youre not of that mind set, look at our overclocking hobby for a starter, look at your mondeo perversion too etc

Back
Top Bottom