360 Pad Compatible with PC

Associate
Im guessing the wireless pad isnt compatible but im sure I read somewhere before the 360 was released that it was compatible with XP pcs?

anyone tried this? need drivers etc?

thanks

Permabanned
Do a search in the PC gaming forum, there are a few threads on this. Be aware that the drivers have limited functionality and as a result the pad doesn't work well with some existing games.

Associate
OP
was thinking of it becuase of omni, dmc3 and res4 on the way, can you recommend another decent one?

preferably one that is compatible with everything

Soldato
Ony the wired pad is compatible. Friend tried the wireless one on PC with a bluetooth dongle and had no luck. Also on the wired pad, some functions like force feedback wont work on games like NFS : Most Wanted. Other then that it's a superb pad.

Soldato
Flanno said:
Friend tried the wireless one on PC with a bluetooth dongle and had no luck.

That's not a surprise - the pads aren't Bluetooth, they're RF.

You can get the wireless pads recognised on a PC if you use the play and charge kit cable but it Windows detects it as an unknown USB device and the MS drives don't install.

I have read of problems in some games with the wired pad and MS drivers and have heard of better success with the XBCD drivers. Can't say I've had any issues with the MS drivers personally so I've stuck with them.

Soldato
Phemo said:
That's not a surprise - the pads aren't Bluetooth, they're RF.

You can get the wireless pads recognised on a PC if you use the play and charge kit cable but it Windows detects it as an unknown USB device and the MS drives don't install.

I have read of problems in some games with the wired pad and MS drivers and have heard of better success with the XBCD drivers. Can't say I've had any issues with the MS drivers personally so I've stuck with them.
The play and charge kit does nothing more than supply power to the pad. The signal is still sent as wireless.

Associate
Are the pads that bad in Windows? I would've thought they'd be able to knock out something that works 100% since these cheap usb PS2 converter things work just fine.

Does the 360 pad have pressure sensitive buttons? Just wondering since I was playing around with MGS2 on the PC the other day.. its not the same holding an extra button down to lower your weapon and stuff..

Soldato
jklc said:
Does the 360 pad have pressure sensitive buttons? Just wondering since I was playing around with MGS2 on the PC the other day.. its not the same holding an extra button down to lower your weapon and stuff..

It does, but I highly doubt its supported on the PC.

Back
Top Bottom