Philips 20" 200W6CS Widescreen TFT LCD

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

Raikiri said:
If anyone has the belinea, would you mind posting some decent res pics of it?
Only ones I can find are a pretty rubbish indication of how it looks. Thanks

There are loads of photos in the Belinea thread. It shouldn't be too hard to find :)

Associate
Raymond Lin said:
I would have gone for the Dell except it's out of my price range, no doubt it's great but it is also beyond my needs. I don't really need all that res and the size is a little too big for my desk.

i understand where you are coming from. I have an AGP based X800XL which is struggling at 1920*1200, it's ok in 1680*1050 though (and the Dell 2405fpw scaling chip is excellent!). I would agree that at the moment, for gaming, this monitor is over powered compared to rest of my system. Although what clinched it for me was that I have built a fair degree of future proofing into my monitor, so when I go PCI-E and next gen GFX card then I will be able to enjoy native res in gaming with all the eyecandy on.

The only issue that worries me is HDCP. We will see what Vista, along with other 'hacks' bring.

Does anyone know if all these latest 20" monitors support HDCP over DVI ? I would guess not, I cant image that HDCP will actually come into force really. Although I guess if it does then they will force the compromise situation, IF HDCP does not exist on output device then downgrade to 480i/p... that will be **** though :(

Language.

Otacon

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I am not worried about HDCP, only the Gateway TFT that is sold in the US can do that at the moment. Haven't seen any of the current crop of TFT this side of the shore can do that yet. By the time it's popular (12 months I say), I might upgrade again anyway.

I can't wait for this Phillips to arrive now, got my ATI800XTPE last October, now it can really give it a workout !

Still no dispatch email...not looking good for tomorrow, and I am out all day Friday ! :(

Last edited:

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

Email from Philips

------

Please accept our apologies for the delayed response. Recently you have asked us about the panel for the 200w6cs/00 screen.
According to the spec sheet the LCD panel is a 1680 x 1050 pixels with anti glare polarizer and RGB vertical stripe type.

We hope we answered your question satisfactorily. Should you have further questions on this subject please refer to: *ref number*

With kindest regards,

*Name*
Philips Customer Care Centres

------

Maybe some clues there, no idea.

Caporegime
OP
Right, First impression. I’ll do a more in depth review after some use tonight. And its not dark enough outside to get a pic in pitch black yet.

Boy, this thing is heavy. Only had to carry it up the stairs and immediately notice how heavy it is. Here is the box, with the handle, it opens up funny thou, not from the top but from the side. It was a little awkward to get it out actually, the stand its attached to the monitor and it's folded backwards, so you need to move it to it's upright position. The plastic covering the "joint" in the stand is not the best but it does its job and you can't see it once it's standing.

11gn1.jpg

24de.jpg

It comes with a power cable (kettle lead), DVi cable (already plugged in), VGA cable, and audio cable. I didn't use the DVI cable it came with since i already got one and it was plugged into the existing 17" TFT. So I did a quick swap, moved the 17" TFT onto the VGA channel and use the DVI for the Phillips.

I didn't bother with the USB port either as my Keyboard has 2 already and my front of my PC also has 2. Nor did i use the speakers on the Phillips since my PC is hooked up to my Stereo, so no testing on the speakers for me.

35er.jpg

44nj.jpg

Caporegime
OP
This is it up with my 17” TFT by its side, as I predicted, vertically it’s really close so I can use it as dual setup with ease. The difference I find is that either the Acer is not very good using VGA, or the Phillips is a hell a lot better screen since it’s a lot brighter, colours much more punchier and vibrant. The Phillips is somehow sharper too. you can also tell by the pictures that the TN panel really suffers when looking from below where the Phillips doesnt at all. I really love the Viewing angle on this, it's amazing !

67no.jpg

109un.jpg

91zz.jpg

89si.jpg

And just been playing with the settings, there seem to be 3 modes to fill the screen. Full Screen, Native mode and Fill with Aspect.

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

Awesome, looking forward to a full review later ! :)

Can you comment on the build quality of the buttons etc (Just for the sake of it).

I can't think of any test of the refresh rate, but is there anything suggesting what panel is being used.

When dark enough can you comment on the backlight bleed kinda situation by sticking a black picture on it and seeing if anything leaks through.

*excited*

Man of Honour
nice pics there. Still waiting for confirmation from Philips about the panel, but sounds VERY much like they don't have a clue :)

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

Enjoy the film !

I can't see anything other than black in that last pic, I guess it'd be more apparent in real-life. Looks nice :)

Get a photo of the movie playing (after you watch it :) ) , that'd be a good pic :D

Back
Top Bottom