Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic sound card

Associate
Just need a quick installation guide. I took delivery of the above card today. The package contents where the Card, case badge and installation cd.

I presume you just simply plug the card into an available PCI slot and install the drivers and Bob's your Uncle.

The only reason I ask is that unless i'm mistaken the sound card I have now is a Audigy LS and i'm pretty sure there's a lead going from the sound card into the back of the dvd-rom drive and there's no such cables in with the X-Fi box.

Thanks everyone.

Associate
Don't need the cable any more apparently, why not sure. Having first removed drivers for old card, remove old card then either reboot and run driver cleaner or install new card reboot and run driver cleaner possible reboot then install new drivers and any creative guff you want on cd.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
remove old card, uninstall your old cards software via control panel, plug new 1 in and instal software.

sounds simple, should be in theory.

although i wasted 3 hours trying to get my xfi music to work.

i had it in the same pci slot as my old card and even tho the old drivers and stuff was removed it wouldnt work, had to move it to another pci slot.

Back
Top Bottom