x-fi and battlefield 2 quiting to windows.

Associate
as above, upgraded from audigy 2.

quits to windows when i select x-fi in the sound menu and click apply.

have reinstalled bf2 with no luck. it's set to game in the console.

i havern't anything apart from the drivers installed on my comp, and console.

it is an oem card.

Associate
Had the same problem. Can't quite remember the order I did it in, but installed I think the newest drivers after installing the original CD supplied drivers. If that doesn't work, I must have installed the most up to date ones.

I certainly had issues which after spending hundred odd quid on the card was a bit annoying.

In case that doesn't work, there are numerous threads on the Creative support website - I just typed in something alon the lines of "BF2 X-Fi" and up it came.

Good luck!

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Apatche64 said:
tried all that now, still not working....

did you uninstall the drivers for the audigy 2? is there a creative cleaner for creative files?

it might be summat to do with having file left from the audigy?

i uninstalled drivers from the cp after removing the card. then i plugged in the x fi and installed. wouldnt work until i changed the pci slot though.

you could try driver cleaner it removes creative stuff aswell.

also did u delete the bf2 folder in my docs, i think that saves some of ** settings like controls, gfx, etc.

Associate
OP
does that bugger my account up online? dont wanna lose all my hard work:) driver cleaner? is that a downloadable program?

cheers mate, we'll get it working, prolley not today, prolley not tomorrow... but soon ... heheheheh

Associate
Im having probs with bf2 and audigy 2zs but while browsing the creative forums I remember seeing the fix for the probs you are having, tells you how to install the xfi after upgrading from a audigy card.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Apatche64 said:
does that bugger my account up online? dont wanna lose all my hard work:) driver cleaner? is that a downloadable program?

cheers mate, we'll get it working, prolley not today, prolley not tomorrow... but soon ... heheheheh

http://www.drivercleaner.net/

dont know if itll mess up the settings arent the stats stored online? back it up just incase.

Man of Honour
Its worthwhile just deleting the whole folder tho as you will want to enable the XFI and 'ultra' setting in the audio settings, the same should be done after a driver update be it graphics card or sound card. Everytime you change your grafix/sound driver and audio/graphics settings you will see the 'optimising settings' when loading a map the first time since changing. Each time this is done a new profile is created so the old one is no longer required, rather than overwriting the old profile. The next time you load the game BF2 will however search through the 'profiles' to match the hardware/drivers/settings you are using which in turn will slightly lower the map loading time.

So you will also gain a very slight boost in loading time after the first map is loaded as you will only now have one 'profile'.

Aslong as you remember your password and email or nickname you will not lose all your awards etc when deleting the profiles, the only thing you will lose is your settings/controls..

Back
Top Bottom