• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Opteron 170 or AMD x2 4400+

Associate
My advise would be to buy the OPTI 170. I got mine on Tuesday this week.
If you do my rig will be similar to yours see sig. Awsome CPU and ram. My ram is on a 333 divider running at 468MHz 2.5 3 2 6. Better than stock FX60 for just over £300.

They do run hot 40C-56C depending on load.

Associate
with the opty 170s and the XMS PC3500LL (which is exactly what im leaning towards buying now) would you be able to get fx60 speeds on a 1:1 ratio... i get confused when i have to use dividers :confused:

edit: and can they reach fx60 speeds on stock voltage?

thanx ;)

kbc

kbc

Associate
powned said:
with the opty 170s and the XMS PC3500LL (which is exactly what im leaning towards buying now) would you be able to get fx60 speeds on a 1:1 ratio... i get confused when i have to use dividers :confused:

edit: and can they reach fx60 speeds on stock voltage?

thanx ;)

Doubt it mate. You'd probably have to up the voltage a little to reach the big 2.6GHz, I managed to get my 4400+ to about 2.6GHz but still needs some thorough testing. I had to put the vcore to 1.450GHz. Not sure about the 1:1, depends how much you want to push the overclock.

The 170 is pretty expensive... though only by £15-£20... stock clocks, the 4400+ is at 2.2GHz, but it's up to you. Doesn't make much difference if you're wanting FX-60 speeds.

Associate
thanks.. i was going to get the 4400 myself but after seeing some of the speeds peeps are getting from the 170 greed has got the better of me :) i would like to push past the fx60 speeds if i can. Also the x1900xtx is about 90 quid cheaper than i had expected it would be so ive got a little extra cash to play with.
im not to fussed about messing with the voltage its just those dividers.. guess ill have to do some reading on the subject.

hey, whats that themaltake typhoon like? easy to fit?

Back
Top Bottom