Widescreen review...

Associate
hmm, quite an interesting read. I find it a bit strange though that with a number of new monitors arriving at the mo with faster 8ms panels they've chosen to review a load of models that have been out for ages. All i've really found out from that is that most of the older widescreen models aren't that great for gaming, whereas i'm more interested in whether the NEW models that are popping up now on overclockers and elsewhere are up to scratch....

aMb

aMb

Associate
the 2405FPW is a good choice, but its performance falls short for playing movies and for gaming.
:confused:

Was quite close to buying one of these, to replace an ageing 19" Sony CRT. Not too hot on playing games but movies would certainly be a consideration, should i be that worried about what toms mentioned??

Soldato
Yeah, rather pointless article if they're not gonna include the Belinea 102035W and the new Acers like the AL2016Ws, not to mention the 19" widescreens from Acer/Viewsonic. I guess they couldn't get hold of them to test.

Soldato
aMb said:
:confused:

Was quite close to buying one of these, to replace an ageing 19" Sony CRT. Not too hot on playing games but movies would certainly be a consideration, should i be that worried about what toms mentioned??

If video noise is as bad as Toms say, then I wouldn't buy one for movies. I've seen bad video noise on a few TFTs (never used a 2405 though) and it does make DVDs unpleasant to watch.

Back
Top Bottom