Is my Motherboard/CPU dead?

Associate
Ok, I'm having a nightmare with a new pc setup, I just cant get the damn thing to work.

I have an AMD 4400+ x2 cpu, DFI nf4 ultrad-d mobo, Tagan 530w psu, Corsair xms pc3200 (1gb), x1900xtx. When I power it on the thing just will not get as far as even Post. The fans are all going but all 4 of the diagnostic lights on the motherboard are lit, and the T_fault and EXT power lights on the graphics card are lit.

At first I thought it was the PSU (crappy Q-tec one) so I replaced it with the Tagan. No effect. Next I thought it might be the graphics card, so I replaced it with the XTX. No effect. It booted once as far as the bios, but cut out after a few seconds.

This has been going on for a week now, I feel like I've purchased £1000.00 of crap and its driving me nuts.

My last resort is going to be returning the motherboard and CPU to OCuk since I dont know which is at fault.

Can anyone help before I have to do this?

Soldato
Might be worth a try mate but have you cleared the cmos ?? I had amotherboard that would not fire up in the same way as yours.

Also might be worth a go but just connect the gfx card, leave all your fans (apart from CPU fan) and fire up woith just gfx card and ram and see what happens.

Have you tried different RAM ???

Associate
OP
I had cleared the cmos, but will give it another go. I also tried it with my older RAM, the corsair stuff is brand new.

Does anyone know if I need to change any jumpers or setting on the motherboard? The manual that comes with it is less than useless.

Associate
Make sure all four of the power connectors are connected (24-pin and 4-pin ATX, 4-pin molex, FDD connector next to the graphics card).
Reset CMOS.
Put just one stick of RAM in the orange slot furthest from the CPU (slot 2).
Turn on, and see if you can get into the BIOS now. If not, try moving the RAM stick to the yellow slot furthest from the CPU (slot 1).

Back
Top Bottom