Quick question for iPod Video owners

Associate
i dont own an ipod video but i can say with some certainty no, because you cant get any files from a retail dvd, they are copy protected, try dragging a vob file onto your hard drive, just wont happen :)

Associate
It can be done fairly easily, but you still need to rip the dvd and encode it as said earlier. I use a program called Videora for the encoding. Comes highly recommended by many an ipod user!

Soldato
OP
Mattus said:
Expect this thread to get closed, as ripping DVDs involves defeating the copyright protection and is therefore illegal :)
I see your point, but surely it's no different to putting CDs on an iPod?

I don't think I'll bother getting one if I can't put DVDs on it quickly and easily. Seems very little point in the extra expense, and I'll never need that much space for music.

Associate
It's easy to do. You decrypt the dvd (in IFO mode configured to get one big file instead of little chunks) to the hard drive then convert the resulting vob file to mp4 using 3GP or videora or whatever converter you want to use. You then add it to iTunes and it copies over to the ipod.

Soldato
OP
stu.artd said:
It's easy to do. You decrypt the dvd (in IFO mode configured to get one big file instead of little chunks) to the hard drive...
How do I do this part?

I've downloaded videora, if I can get this working I will splash out on a 60gb one. :D

Associate
Have a look on google for dvddecrypter and look at IMtoo's product range as they may offer something to do exactly what you want in one step.

I'll not say any more as the mods would probably be unhappy about it, and sometimes it's just not worth the hassle ;)

Back
Top Bottom