CTR

Mic

Mic

Soldato
SDK^ said:
The facts for the new CTR - It will feature a 2.2 litre VTEC engine with the same power as the current model (197bhp) but it will have more torque. Due for a UK release in Autumn 2006.
J-Tuner from the 30th of January say its a january 2007 release using the JDM-spec K20A engine as the basis.

Arc

Arc

Associate
Until Honda release an official statement the rumour mill will remain in overdrive ;).

All we know is thats it will be out sometime early 2007, everything else is hearsay.

Soldato
Arc said:
Until Honda release an official statement the rumour mill will remain in overdrive ;).

All we know is thats it will be out sometime early 2007, everything else is hearsay.

Just about what i was gonna post too.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
It's all rumours atm, the director of the franchise down here told me he was told it's to be a 2.4, we'll only know when they release the proper specs :)

Caporegime
The New Type R is a K20A. They are on about a even hotter version than the Type R but even the project engineers don't know exactly what that is going to be.

Mic

Mic

Soldato
Hmm, putting even MORE power than whats already going to go through the front wheels in a regular R version, I'd be wary of an RR version. Maybe the other R stands for rear. Rear wheel drive civic type r?

Soldato
merlin said:
I still say 200 - 220bhp

More and more reports of it having the same power output now - 200ps.

Think this is going to be a case of the "same old story" - 200ps EU/UK no LSD, and 220 JDM LSD as standard.

Caporegime
merlin said:
More and more reports of it having the same power output now - 200ps.

Think this is going to be a case of the "same old story" - 200ps EU/UK no LSD, and 220 JDM LSD as standard.

Damn, was looking at this as my new car in 2-3 years time too - If this is the case i'll just get a DC5 and be more than happy ;)

Soldato
The last ever DC5 will come off the production line in Dec 06. Then it's gone.

Great news afaic, It's going to do wonders for residual values :D

Soldato
James_N said:
Is there anything in line to replace the DC5? DC5 is one car id love :cool:

Well, if the rumours of a CTRR are true - that will fill the gap for Honda - a lightweight track oriented car. In that case - it wont surprise me if the ITR gets put to bed, forever.

If the CTRR doesn't happen - maybe the ITR will live on. Certainly production of the current DC5 stops in 06.

Back
Top Bottom