bf2 shadows

Associate
I've actually found that playing with most of the settings set to low gives you more of an advantage because you don't have to contend with shadows/confusing textures etc.

Something like:

Draw distance 100%
Effects - Medium (you need this on to be able to see the artillery strikes properly)
Dynamic Shadows - Low (you get to see shadows cast by solid objects, but don't get distracted by hundreds of them)
Vector Calculations (Ultra Settings) - Just for accuracy when you shoot
Other settings - Medium/low depending on how pretty you like the game

I did this because I found the inside of buildings too dark and kept getting shot when I went into them. Turn the settings down as described above, and you get to see everyone :)

Suspended
I run everything on medium. can run high but i thing medium looks nice enough. play the game for the action, not for the landscape painting.

Also running on medium i load up quicker. normaly top 3 to load on 50 Klicks. but then again my ping runs at 10. so I must be a wee bit close to the server.

Soldato
I'm getting abit annoyed now I've spent the last hour tweaking things but still can't get the game 100% smooth. Until now I've left everything on high @ 1280x1024 and switched between 2xAA and 4xAA but sometime my FPS can drop in it's 40 say when a smoke grenade explodes and I've mainly noticed it on Mashtuur. I dropped effects and shadows to medium but it still happens but for a shorter time.

I was wondering what people with 7800gtx, [email protected] ,2GB RAM or similar were running settings wise for 100% smooth play.

Edit: Seems vsync which I just turned on to compensate for the tearing because I was getting frame rates of +85 seemed to have worsen things slightly.

Just wondering if I should take advantage of transparent AA or not. I haven't used it before but heard good things about it recently.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom