First Car?

Soldato
Hi all,

I have £3k -£4k (Max) to spend on a car and insurance.

I would like something reasonably big, say focus/astra size etc but not really any bigger than that. I intend to keep it through uni so its got to last me at least 4 -5 years maybe more until im in a decent job.

Im 17, Male, No NCB, living in liverpool so the insurance is probably going to be quite a hike. I am considering pass plus though as I hear that asda offer a 57% on car insurance to those who do it.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Man of Honour
You mention a Focus and I think that would be a great first car. For 3-4k it'll get you a decent one too, not that desireable, cheap to insure, safe and comfortable cars.

Soldato
Will,

Thats £3-4k on insurance and car, apparently there are quite a few goign for £2500 on autotarder now so it could be worth a look.

Also look at the 306/Xsara whilst your at it, the Xsara especially goes cheap for the spec you will get.

On my 1.6 Focus Zetec i pay £1500 with Churchill. I was also 17, 0NCB and with pass plus when i took the policy out.

Soldato
OP
Ok thanks, I think im going to look in to the focus, have a look on autotrader and the like and see what I can get for my money.

Any other suggestions in the mean time?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom