Resident Evil 4, Onimusha 3 & Devil May Cry 3 for PCs

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Resident Evil 4, Onimusha 3: Demon Siege and Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening Special Edition Coming to PCs Beginning February 2006

SAN FRANCISCO – FEBRUARY 1, 2006 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced that it has signed an agreement with Capcom to distribute Resident Evil 4, Onimusha 3 and Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening Special Edition video games for the PC. Ubisoft will distribute Capcom’s games in North American and European territories beginning in February 2006 with the release of Onimusha 3: Demon Siege.

“Capcom has created fantastic universes which have become blockbuster franchises,” said Jay Cohen, vice president of publishing at Ubisoft. “Ubisoft is excited to be bringing three of the industry’s most innovative titles, including Resident Evil 4, which has been recognized by many publications and organizations as the best game of the year for 2005, to PC gamers around the world.”

Resident Evil 4 is a shining star in the survival horror genre garnering critical acclaim and numerous “Game of the Year” awards from media outlets including Game Informer magazine, North America’s largest gaming magazine and GameSpot.com, a leading source for gaming information. Onimusha 3: Demon Siege stars French actor Jean Reno and is the latest episode in the Onimusha franchise. This action adventure series has become a phenomenon thanks to its amazing backdrop in medieval Japan mixed with heroic fantasy elements. Devil May Cry made an outstanding debut on console and quickly became a popular action game. Renowned for its gothic atmosphere, non-stop action and thrilling combat, the latest installment to the franchise adds a new character a new boss and many new levels.

“Capcom is excited to be taking advantage of Ubisoft’s global distribution network to deliver our hottest titles for gamers around the world to play and enjoy,” said Toshihiro Tokumaru, executive officer at Capcom. “We look forward to working together for continued growth for both companies.''

got this from Bluesnews.com

already have RE4 for the Gamecube, might look into Devil may cry myself :)

Man of Honour
Well colour me surprised, I never thought I'd see any of those games appearing on the PC. It'll be interesting to see whether they're properly ported across, or just turn out to be poor ports like so many console->pc games we've seen in the past.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
OP
Well I would hope that they at least tart it up a bit for the PC, think about it shooting and strafing at the same time in RE4 ;)

Soldato
Well most of Capcoms previous PC ports were the best versions available (RE1,2+3) until the GC ports so lets hope they do the same quality here. DMC3 is a killer PS2 game but not sure how well it will go down on the PC as the gameplay is a little limited after a while. Hopefully the pricing will not be too much as even RE4 whilst great for the PS2 because of the limited hardware will not be as impressive on the PC as the expectations are much higher.

Soldato
Sweet, I tried RE4 on my friends Camecube and thought it was awesome but there was no way in hell I was gonna buy it for PS2, great that its out on PC, Devil May Cry 3 appeals to me too, the first one wicked

Associate
yeah, this is great news, res4 and dmc3 for me, hope they tart up the textures and allow really high res for both

oh, and some decent 360 pad support

Permabanned
It's not such a surprise to me that RE4 is coming to the PC, as a number of previous RE games were on the PC too, although sadly not Code Veronica. It's good news anyway, I hope it will be a quality conversion.

Caporegime
Davey_Pitch said:
Well colour me surprised, I never thought I'd see any of those games appearing on the PC. It'll be interesting to see whether they're properly ported across, or just turn out to be poor ports like so many console->pc games we've seen in the past.

Aye hopefully it will be more like Riddick and less like Halo in terms of ports.
I will definitely get 2 of them (already have DMC3 on PS2 and haven't played it).

Man of Honour
Davey_Pitch said:
It'll be interesting to see whether they're properly ported across, or just turn out to be poor ports like so many console->pc games we've seen in the past.

If one of them is coming out this month, I'd imagine it's a fairly basic port, given that no news has been released already about PC versions being developed.

Man of Honour
HangTime said:
If one of them is coming out this month, I'd imagine it's a fairly basic port, given that no news has been released already about PC versions being developed.
That's my worry. I'd at least like to see some extra features on the games, especially considering I have all 3 on console.

Associate
Im really surpised that this thread isnt 20 pages deep already. I suppose the games are all nothing new though.

But i for one am really looking forward to res4, i've been wanting to play it since it came out but not having a gc or ps2 i missed it, so this news is great.

I hope the joypad support is nice as i've been real pleased with the 360 pad so far on the pc and cant imagine why it wouldnt be good in re4.

As *** for the graphics im hoping that they support some high res like 19x17 or 16x12 at least. Also hope they revamp the textures a bit but i doubt that will happen, least it will be the best looking out of the 3 even if its just a resolution boost.

Associate
Should be interesting to see how these play in nice high res. Connecting both PS2 and GC via component cables really shows how low the res is, although they play nicely. I'm another console nut and have all three already. They'd better stick some extras in!

Back
Top Bottom