Xbox 360 VGA cable question

Associate
Hi all

Just a quick question, whats the proper name/term for the adaptor that connects the red and white cables to create a head phones connection please.

Associate
OP
Just did a quick search and im not sure its what im looking for Nokkon

Below is a picture of something similar what im after only the single connection on one end must be for connecting a head phone type socket

Caporegime
p4268.gif

Sorry, it was 3.5mm, not 2.5mm.

Associate
OP
NokkonWud said:
p4268.gif

Sorry, it was 3.5mm, not 2.5mm.

hehe still not what im looking for but getting closer

the connection on the end of that adapter I want the female connection to be on the end not male.

I have a speaker system here with a male connection so i need an adapter for a female.

sorry if i have not made my self clear :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
NokkonWud said:
I'll take it that the rolleyes wasn't meant as an insult, for which it appears. Get one of those and a female-to-female adaptor.

nope was'nt intended as insult just i was'nt sure if i explained what i was after proplery hehehe

The offical xbox 360 VGA cable comes with one so im told, i ordered one from a absoulte joke of a company which was almost 1 month ago now and they have now sent me a joytech vga which does'nt have the connection adapter.

Caporegime
WHAT!!! said:
nope was'nt intended as insult just i was'nt sure if i explained what i was after proplery hehehe

The offical xbox 360 VGA cable comes with one so im told, i ordered one from a absoulte joke of a company which was almost 1 month ago now and they have now sent me a joytech vga which does'nt have the connection adapter.

Yes, the adapter you get with the Official is the one I posted, you need one of those and a female-female if your speakers are male. Though, these are no replacement for Optical, if you can hook up optical through 5.1 in any way it's really worth it, even at the expense.

Associate
OP
NokkonWud said:
Yes, the adapter you get with the Official is the one I posted, you need one of those and a female-female if your speakers are male. Though, these are no replacement for Optical, if you can hook up optical through 5.1 in any way it's really worth it, even at the expense.

ahh right great thanks a lot :)

Yeh i wish i could use optical but my current set up does not support it.

M current speakers use Yello Green and Black audio cables which i have no idea what they are and if I could connect the Red and White connections some who. Is it possible ?

I have 2 speakers with a subwoofer which have that male headphone connection but they are like 5-7 years old hehehe, they will do until I can get a decent setup either new HD/TV/Monitor or a new surround system.

Thanks a lot for your help

Soldato
He posted the correct pic for what you need i had to buy one as mines a madcatz cable, but its the right one.

If like me your woofer has a spare input no probs at all.

Man of Honour
You want a "3.5mm coupler". Easy.

On a note about the Black/Yellow/Green connector, I'm not sure. How old are the speakers, what brand? Are they connected to an amplifier or are they 5.1 speakers?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
great thanks very much all :D

I've just noticed that infact I would only need the this

p4268.gif

As the cable on the back of my subwoofer is'nt infact a closed wire its the same male connection each end

thanks a lot for your help hehehe

Associate
OP
DaveyD said:
You want a "3.5mm coupler". Easy.

On a note about the Black/Yellow/Green connector, I'm not sure. How old are the speakers, what brand? Are they connected to an amplifier or are they 5.1 speakers?

I beleive its a Creative 5100, so its around 3 or so years old, the connection of each color is the same if not very similar to the connection of the VGA adapter thing.

Man of Honour
Those connections are for Front Left/Right, Rear Left/Right and Sub/Centre.

You could get 2 channel sound out of the 360 using a coupler on there, but you would not be able to get 5.1 sound from the cable without using the optical connection and some sort of dolby digital amplifier/reciever to convert to analogue 5.1 channels for those speakers.

Associate
OP
DaveyD said:
Those connections are for Front Left/Right, Rear Left/Right and Sub/Centre.

You could get 2 channel sound out of the 360 using a coupler on there, but you would not be able to get 5.1 sound from the cable without using the optical connection and some sort of dolby digital amplifier/reciever to convert to analogue 5.1 channels for those speakers.

what sort of couplers would i need to do this please (is there a name or term for them), as im quite happy to have just 2 speakers with sound and as this speakers are on my desk it would be brillanty to use things instead of dragging the other ones from other PC and having even less desk space

Associate
OP
just found this

A 3.5mm stereo plug to two phono sockets (one carries the left channel and the other carries the right). Allows twin phono plugs to be connected to a 3.5mm stereo socket.

would i be right in thinking this is what im looking for to get say either my 2 front or 2 rear speakers to work ?

Man of Honour
WHAT!!! said:
what sort of couplers would i need to do this please (is there a name or term for them), as im quite happy to have just 2 speakers with sound and as this speakers are on my desk it would be brillanty to use things instead of dragging the other ones from other PC and having even less desk space

Just google 3.5mm female coupler.

Note that as those speakers are sub-woofer driven, then you may have limited or no bass from the setup, as I believe the sub is driven from one of the other cables, but I may be wrong with that one.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
WHAT!!! - I got a spare one at home if you want it. Only cost me about .30p from Llanelli Market if you wanna meet up somewhere over the weekend. I'm only near Gorseinon.

Man of Honour
WHAT!!! said:
just found this

A 3.5mm stereo plug to two phono sockets (one carries the left channel and the other carries the right). Allows twin phono plugs to be connected to a 3.5mm stereo socket.

would i be right in thinking this is what im looking for to get say either my 2 front or 2 rear speakers to work ?

That does exactly the same as:
p4268.gif

Back
Top Bottom