Should i buy a.....Ford mondeo ST24.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Ford mondeo ST24.
It costs 5500GBP.
It has done 51000 miles
And ive been told it has no dents or scatchers. Would it be worth it?
Also whats a unichip because ive been told if i get a mondeo to get on put in.
Should there be anything i should look for like problems or something on it?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
All that the unichip would/could do, is optimise/change the timing, fueling and other little tricks to make your engine either a bit more efficient, iron out flat spots and possibly get 1-2bhp extra, but nothing much more than that.

That's an ok price (maybe a bit on the high side?) depending on how old is it?

Zip

Zip

Soldato
OP
Its a 2000 model and i do live in australia and the prices are a little bit higher over here then in the UK.

Edit:How much do unichips cost normaly?

Man of Honour
The average fitting/tuning cost of a unichip can vary from £400-£500+ I believe here in the uk.

If the car is in good nick, then as you say owing to your higher prices down under, I'd say that's a not bad price at all. :)

Soldato
avoid pfft fwd tosh. you live in oz home of some bloody lovely cars driving the proper wheels do yourself a favour and spend that 5 1/2 k on a proper car :) you lucky lucky man

Zip

Zip

Soldato
OP
Sormicoft ill trade places with u. What u call "bloody lovely cars" are holden comodors and Ford falcons. Both cars i hate with a passion.
Also the older models of them have even got the name for having what u call chav drivers but the Austrlian equiverlant.
Give me a UK or Euro car over one anyday :D

Man of Honour
He wants a manual if I remember correctly, and he couldn't find any decent RWD cars that suited his needs. Besides the ST24 is very capable and pretty decent all round. RWD is not for everyone either - though I do prefer it ;)

Zip

Zip

Soldato
OP
Morba said:
can you get unichips in oz?
Im not sure. I only first heard of one a few weeks ago when i think Dez said if u get a mondeo u should get a unichip.
If i cant get them down here and they are quite helpfull expecially saving abit of petrol and giving a bit of power then ill probably order one from the UK

Soldato
yeah unichips are available all over from numerous places. one of the people speak to gerry gafney from dastek about it he'll point you in the direction of a local supplier`

Zip

Zip

Soldato
OP
What chip would u recomend morba? I might be able to shop around and find an online store thats ship them here if i get the car.

Man of Honour
The ST24 is a very good and very capable car with one key difference in Australia-

- They are also pretty damn rare as well :)

Zip

Zip

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
The ST24 is a very good and very capable car with one key difference in Australia-

- They are also pretty damn rare as well :)

The person selling it said Ford Austrlia only imported 200 of them.
Does this mean that the car will become worth more when it ages :confused:

Back
Top Bottom