Do you share your PC with others?

Associate
Just an interesting topic I though, I got the idea for this from a totally different forum :)

So as for me I've shared the family PC when I was like 15 - 16 odd I think, but mainly used it myself.
After I hit 16 and left school for college I found a job and started putting my own PC together. Upgraded since and whatnot. Have a load of stuff plugged up to it too :D

No-one touches my PC! Except when I was back home, a friend of mine would use it from time to time to browse the web when he'd come over just before we went out or something.

Ohh and one thing I also hate is when people actually touch the monitor while they're around you showing you where to go on a website and whatnot. I disliked it when people did it on the CRT monitor. I REALLY disliked it when I got my first TFT monitor (18") and now I just hate it. if someone phisically touches the screen on my 24" baby, Dell monitor. Doesn't matter if I don't know them that well or anything, they get a strict warning when they go near it again :p

And ohh, the old PC's that we had, the old P3 NEC PC now belongs to my lil cousin, my first PC custom PC now belongs to my lil sis :) My parents have a laptop which I tend to ninja when I go back home from uni, and in the study room, I've setup another PC which is a shuttle, P4 2.8 I think, and my lil (6 year old) brother uses that for games and whatnot :p

Soldato
Back before University I used to share the PC and Laptop that was in the house.

During University I bought my own computer which no one was allowed to touch unless they asked me first.

Now my PC is back up in Aberdeen and my mum sometimes uses it.. while I'm down south working and have to share a computer again (Apart from the 2 PCs in work ofcourse)

Associate
I used to share a pc with my other half and then for xmas I bought all new bits for him to build a new faster, bigger one and i get the one we used to share. they both sit next to each other and we share monitor and keyboard. it's cool now when we are both at work we can log into our own pc by remote control and do what we have to do with out bothering each other any more. and it also means i can load all my games without him moaning about filling up the hard drives

Soldato
My baby is for my use only. No one else is even allowed to touch it. Not that they'd want to seeing as I've pretty much built a computer for everyone else in my immediate family over the past few years so they have no excuse to use mine!

Soldato
Never shared a computer and my Dad bought me my first when I was 13. I allow specific people to use it for specific purposes but if anyone starts clarting about or tinkering then I get very annoyed.

Man of Honour
As Charley Says..says ( :confused: :) ) I even went to the lengths of buying her ladyship a lappy and a wireless router just so that she had no excuses to go anywhere near mine and judging from the amount of time I spend mending hers it was a wise, if somewhat expensive, move on my part. Loads of brownie points though...

Associate
NO ONE (except 1 friend who I trust and have accepted from uni) is allowed to touch my PCs. I have set up another computer for any family/friends who come over and want to use the web and I'm happy to never use it.

Always had a PC of my own since I was 13, been lucky enough to never share with anyone (no one seemed to be interested in them except me!)

Caporegime
No one else uses mine, but that's only because my wife has her own.

Also, if I'm ever waving my fingers near a monitor I turn my fingers round as the backs of fingernails don't leave marks.

Associate
we have one in each room of the house nearly lol - never really share it but don't give a toss. When i was at uni it was my pride and joy and didnt really like anyone going on it.

Soldato
I've never shared share a PC since I was about12/13, but that doesn't by any means mean I don't share my PC. If someone needs to use it due to a specific reason or just to save them a trip down stairs, then why should I complain? Saying that, I don't have the only powerful PC in the house - out of the four we have, 3 have X800XT's or more powerful; two have 2GB of RAM and only one has a faster processor (3700+). If my PC's out of action for whatever reason, my Dad lets me use his and I'd gladly return the favour :)

-RaZ

Back
Top Bottom